BYU vs Pacific Review

BYU Cougars on the court.
Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU vs Pacific Review

Post by Qman »

I just finished watching the replay of the BYU Pacific game and I want to share some observations.

Overall, this was a good win for us. We played hard and well on offense. We struggled to rebound and had several bad rotations. 3 pt shooting just grinded them up with KC to set the table.

1. Our offense went through KC for the whole game. He dominated most of the game for us. Haws was the 2nd option.

2. When the game got tight Haws and Fischer made the big shots. Halford help to make the free throws to seal the game.

3. Thompson on their team was just throwing our guys around.

4. Kaufusi and Worthington hardly played due to foul trouble. Nixon gave a big time effort on D and on the boards. He make a number of mistakes but without his ability to play big minutes without fouling, we would have lost. Neilson struggle in the first half but made a few important plays in the 2nd. Mostly his ability to not foul out helped.

5. Sharp and Andrus gave us boost at the end of the first half. I had sort of forgotten about Andrus but he moved well and was coordinated.

6. We took a bunch of 3's but most of them were on balance and open. And we knocked them down.

7. We missed Winder but not that badly because Halford and Fischer hit their 3's.

8. I wonder if Nixon is working his way into some more minutes at the 4. It would be nice to not play 4 guards all game every game.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb