You all laughed... now come eat some crow!

BYU Cougars on the court.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: You all laughed... now come eat some crow!

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I assume you mean yahoo. And yes, so do QBs get the blame for int's that sometimes aren't their fault. But even so, the ratio of 7 assists to 2 TOs is very productive. Let's hope he can be so effective, including 13 points, vs Pepp.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

A 7 assist 2 TO if we are going with the worst case scebario (like I mentioned, I dispute the first TO), is amazing for a PG in college (or at the pro level, for that matter). BYU scored a LOT of points in transition. For the first time in more than a year BYU looked like a BYU team, beating on losser teams with speed and depth.

Again, tempering expectations because Santa Clara is just an average team, but, things look hopeful. Impressive to see that with two new guys starting down low and withiut KC (our best player) we did as well as we did.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Blue, that's some serious optimism. I hope you are right on this as well. It will be tested all too soon. Actually maybe not soon enough. If Halford could get a chance to show this level again vs a very pesky Pepperdine, we would see. But KC will probably get better sooner and convince Rose he's ready and get the nod. And don't forget that BYU had no answer for their big, who actually isn't all that tall, but destroyed our bigs in Provo.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Blue, that's some serious optimism. I hope you are right on this as well. It will be tested all too soon. Actually maybe not soon enough. If Halford could get a chance to show this level again vs a very pesky Pepperdine, we would see. But KC will probably get better sooner and convince Rose he's ready and get the nod. And don't forget that BYU had no answer for their big, who actually isn't all that tall, but destroyed our bigs in Provo.
I think Andrus/Kaufusi is the answer in the middle.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

BlueIsBetter wrote:A 7 assist 2 TO if we are going with the worst case scebario (like I mentioned, I dispute the first TO), is amazing for a PG in college (or at the pro level, for that matter). BYU scored a LOT of points in transition. For the first time in more than a year BYU looked like a BYU team, beating on losser teams with speed and depth.

Again, tempering expectations because Santa Clara is just an average team, but, things look hopeful. Impressive to see that with two new guys starting down low and withiut KC (our best player) we did as well as we did.

We only scored 7 two-pointers, hardly any points in the paint, and below our season average. I hope that isn't BYU ball moving forward. That said, there were plenty of others games where we looked like BYU this season, in particular when we played SCU at their place.

It was a good game. Hardly our best this season, though.

The best thing about the game wasn't Halford. It was the overall team defense and rebounding.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

Does Halford continue to start once KC returns and does Fischer continue to come off the bench?

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:Blue, that's some serious optimism. I hope you are right on this as well. It will be tested all too soon. Actually maybe not soon enough. If Halford could get a chance to show this level again vs a very pesky Pepperdine, we would see. But KC will probably get better sooner and convince Rose he's ready and get the nod. And don't forget that BYU had no answer for their big, who actually isn't all that tall, but destroyed our bigs in Provo.

Not "The Answer". Maybe "they only and best option." If Luke started only Bc he "knew the schemes" the best.........um, yes, the best alternatives. Where's Waldo? Cause "the answers" are going to get schooled like little freshmen. But yes, nice to see an active Andrus as an addition to the sub-committee of little big-men.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Cougs_Rule wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:

Not "The Answer". Maybe "they only and best option." If Luke started only Bc he "knew the schemes" the best.........um, yes, the best alternatives. Where's Waldo? Cause "the answers" are going to get schooled like little freshmen. But yes, nice to see an active Andrus as an addition to the sub-committee of little big-men.
Just like Halford... the best we have at PG... our own motley crew in byu blue.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

beauso79 wrote:Does Halford continue to start once KC returns and does Fischer continue to come off the bench?

Unfortunately I think the answers to your question are "No" and "no", though Rose saw enough life in the team even without KC on to try it. I don't think you can sit Halford at point, and if that means sliding KC down to the 4 when matchups allow, or sitting Winder and Halford to reserve roles and halford/Haws/KC at the 1,2,3 then that is what you have to do.

SenorCougar
Sophomore

Post by SenorCougar »

Reminds me of ONE game last year....