Where can I get my Gunk t-shirt?

McY
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: I just don't get Rose's lineups...

Post by McY »

hawkwing wrote:
McY wrote:Once again, I agree with Gunk. Plus, I am jealous that he is ranked an All Star and that his name appears in bolded, green font.
We all aspire to be link Gunk.

If all posters had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Gunk, behold, the very powers of CougarBoard would have been shaken forever...
Hilarious :lol:. Gunk is the like the Dos (XX) Equis of CougarBoard. I don't always read every post on CougarBoard, but when I do, I prefer Gunk's posts.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

scott715 wrote:Where can I get my Gunk t-shirt?
Ha!

Maybe I should start a kickstarter...

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by beauso79 »

It looks like Andrus has passed up Neilson on the depth chart. Andrus has appeared to have been able to bulk up more than Neilson so far this year as well. I would like to see Rose add in some more time for Andrus at the 4 playing alongside Kaufusi or Neilson

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

Good lesson learned so far. We needed someone other than KC to rebound. Enter Josh Sharp who is also quick, brings energy, can be very pesky in deflecting balls and getting steals. Instant improvement in defensive mindset for the team. It also freed up Kafusi to do block shots, play defense and rebound. Andrus came in an elevated his game and Worthington did a good job as well. Took a while for Dave to figure it out, but as is his pattern, he usually makes good second half of the season adjustments.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

byucougar1 wrote:Good lesson learned so far. We needed someone other than KC to rebound. Enter Josh Sharp who is also quick, brings energy, can be very pesky in deflecting balls and getting steals. Instant improvement in defensive mindset for the team. It also freed up Kafusi to do block shots, play defense and rebound. Andrus came in an elevated his game and Worthington did a good job as well. Took a while for Dave to figure it out, but as is his pattern, he usually makes good second half of the season adjustments.
But other than sharp, the freshmen are starting to look like the epitome of "there are no freshmen in March." Andrus looks much different than early in season. And Kaufusi is finally learning a few D skills to match his athleticism. So, I disagree this is all about Rose figuring it out. Luke has not improved during the year. He has hit his ceiling. He's good for some body ing up and about five fouls and no points. That's about it.
And nobody punk on Sharp, bc once teams start scouting him or he gets a less favorable matchup, he may look a little bit like old sharp. He's a 4 mentality stuck in a 3's body without the 3's shooting skills. But ride him while we can bc as soon as BYU cools off in 3-point land, this team won't look as awesome as it did vs SMU. But.....
GO Cougs!!!

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

Hopefully Rose continues to utilize Andrus at the 4 so when the efforts of Sharp become futile against better competition we have another option there besides KC. Neilson, Kaufusi, and Worthington can manage at the 5 if Andrus and KC are there to help out at the 4 I would think.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

beauso79 wrote:Hopefully Rose continues to utilize Andrus at the 4 so when the efforts of Sharp become futile against better competition we have another option there besides KC. Neilson, Kaufusi, and Worthington can manage at the 5 if Andrus and KC are there to help out at the 4 I would think.
Exactly. Sharp isn't good against someone with his back to the basket. I really, really, like Sharp and his hustle, but he is only good in specific spots and can't be counted on against serious competition.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: