BYU vs Pacific A few positives

BYU Cougars on the court.
Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU vs Pacific A few positives

Post by Qman »

I want a place to talk about our team for the Pacific game specifically.

Haws and KC did their normal excellent things. Halford and Fischer were aggressive and good like the last several games without Winder in the line-up. Sharp provided some great effort and energy in 15 foul limited minutes. Overall we looked like a deeper more talented team to got a good win.

I was glad to see a good win without KC and Haws doing everything by themselves.

On the positive side

-Kaufusi made to shots in the post. It was garbage time but I'll take it. His size and defense was really important to our success.

-Bartley was effective playing backup power forward. He was strong enough to hold rebounding position and to keep offensive players out of their spots. On offense he used his quickness advantage and stayed under control. The guy still has a world of physical ability--see 3 blocks in 18. We need to keep finding ways to tap into that.

The concern is that Halford and Fischer have been on a roll-- how to do reintegrate Winder without messing them up.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
beauso79
All-American

Re: BYU vs Pacific A few positives

Post by beauso79 »

Defense - 9 blocks vs Pacific and they had 7 vs SMC. Block% has been good the last 2 games so lets hope it continues.

Sharp hit an uncontested 3 and didn't look that bad doing so. Although, it was amusing when Sharp was playing hot potato with KC on the perimeter instead of just shooting an open 3 a couple times.

Pope's tutelage of Bartley has been paying off lately.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Re: BYU vs Pacific A few positives

Post by Cougs_Rule »

REBOUNDING. BYU is +12 in last three games. Game over.
Of course 9 blocks goes a long way also.