beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Portland Pilots

Post by beauso79 »

Gunk wrote:
beauso79 wrote:
scott715 wrote:Pepperdine lost again. We have locked up 3rd place. Gonzaga lost to Pacific today. Wow
Doesn't Gonzaga play St. Mary's tonight?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
They do and SMC is currently winning. We need SMC to lose if we want any hope of securing 2nd place in the WCC.
That was a close one......watching the game Gonzaga never even looked worried even when they were down 17.

Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

scott715 wrote: I'm on the roar.

Is that some sort of Katy Perry thing? :crazy:

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

That should be I'm on the road. Sorry. It was a tough weekend.

mendyman
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by mendyman »

Dare I say this is a bigger game than Saturday. Lose and we are definitely out of the dance...unless we win at Gonzaga. Actually if we had to split the two games I would rather win the Gonzaga game. Change of mind... Saturday is the bigger game. I'm pulling for two tripleD's two end the year for Collinsworth to break the NCAA career record all in one year (curse you Pacific).

It's high time we replace the ideal of success with the ideal of service- Albert Einstein
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Yes this is a bigger game. This is the do or die game.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

hawkwing wrote:Yes this is a bigger game. This is the do or die game.
Yep, same thing we had with the last San Diego game. Lose to anyone other than Gonzaga and the lights go off for certain for the NCAA.

mendyman
Gray Shirt

Post by mendyman »

The lights go off but then if we beat the Zags two days later the lights come back on and maybe even a little brighter than before.

It's high time we replace the ideal of success with the ideal of service- Albert Einstein
Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

mendyman wrote:The lights go off but then if we beat the Zags two days later the lights come back on and maybe even a little brighter than before.
I don't think that would be the case. Lose tonight and the lights only come back on by winning the WCC tournament.

vancouvercougar
All-American

Post by vancouvercougar »

My thoughts on the game.

Attending this game was a birthday present from my wife. It was pretty cool to see Ty take Jimmer's place as the scoring leader. I am sure that when the Pilots play any other team in Portland that you could probaby say your prayers in there. We had a lot more BYU fans there than the Pilots did, so most of the fans were counting down from 7 as Ty started scoring to open the game.

Our lack of experience in the post shows up against Portland, but I am encouraged for the future. Can't wait to see Mika play with Andrus and Kafusi.

The fouls in the 2nd half were madening. At one point they were in the double bonus shooting 2 free throws, yet the pilots only had 2 fouls on them. Some of that was the aggressive D we played n the 2nd half. It was really cool to hear the fans yell DEFENSE whenever Portland had the ball.

My son was watching the game in SLC. He texted a screenshot of his TV that showed my wife and I in the stands. We were a couple rows above Marty Hawes righ tbehind the Cougar bench. Glad it wasn't a triple overtime game because I have to be at work at 6:00 in the morning.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

vancouvercougar wrote:My thoughts on the game.

Attending this game was a birthday present from my wife. It was pretty cool to see Ty take Jimmer's place as the scoring leader. I am sure that when the Pilots play any other team in Portland that you could probaby say your prayers in there. We had a lot more BYU fans there than the Pilots did, so most of the fans were counting down from 7 as Ty started scoring to open the game.

Our lack of experience in the post shows up against Portland, but I am encouraged for the future. Can't wait to see Mika play with Andrus and Kafusi.

The fouls in the 2nd half were madening. At one point they were in the double bonus shooting 2 free throws, yet the pilots only had 2 fouls on them. Some of that was the aggressive D we played n the 2nd half. It was really cool to hear the fans yell DEFENSE whenever Portland had the ball.

My son was watching the game in SLC. He texted a screenshot of his TV that showed my wife and I in the stands. We were a couple rows above Marty Hawes righ tbehind the Cougar bench. Glad it wasn't a triple overtime game because I have to be at work at 6:00 in the morning.
Portland's gym appears to be is as nice as any in the WCC. I'd really like to take in a game there. I like Portland a lot. I also Van Der Mars as a player, we could use a post player like him. We've had really good games with these guys and I wish I could have been there, but it was great watcing it on TV when we had our run in the second half to have the place sounding like a home game.

Also, I was pulling my heair out at the rfoul disparity at the start of the second half, but then I realized that we were gaining on them and pulling away durring this time, and ROse wasnt upset at any of the fouls called. We needed ot be the agressor and it worked.

It was a fun game to watch.
Last edited by ABYUFAN on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.