Gonzaga

BYU Cougars on the court.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Gonzaga

Post by BYULV »

First: is the tipoff clock to the right off or am I going to DVR bowling or something instead of BYU V Gonzaga tomorrow? Tipoff says elsewhere 7pm PST, here 5 pm MST.

2nd: where do you put our chances for victory in the Kennel?
I would say conventional wisdom puts us at about 5% chance of winning. Blue goggles on puts us at 30% chance of victory. I think we have a chance, but have to get a little let down from the Zags, cocky/possessed play from our team, Especially the stars, and at least reasonable reffing. Any of these things not in line then we have minimal chance for victory.

3rd: is Gonzaga as good as their ranking?
I think they are. They have such good balance across all positions it is difficult to exploit any weaknesses. They play well together as a team and have a number of players who can go off any particular night. with that said, even top ranked teams lose (unless you're Kentucky). And when they do, it makes big headlines - so tomorrow is BYU's big chance to make a statement and get themselves firmly off the bubble and into the NCAA tourney.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Gonzaga

Post by hawkwing »

Fixed the time.

I think Gonzaga is over rated, but we have little chance to beat them, as over rated as they are they are significantly better than BYU.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:Fixed the time.

I think Gonzaga is over rated, but we have little chance to beat them, as over rated as they are they are significantly better than BYU.
Zags will make a nice run this post season. They are a force.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Zags are good. Are they a top 4 team? Nope.

I say we realistically have a 20% chance of winning tomorrow. Our backs are against wall. We're desparate, which means we could be dangerous.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Gunk wrote:Zags are good. Are they a top 4 team? Nope.

I say we realistically have a 20% chance of winning tomorrow. Our backs are against wall. We're desparate, which means we could be dangerous.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I liked the way we played the second half against Portland. We will need that type of play to pull off a win.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

We need our 3 main guys to play well: KC, Haws and Winder. We need Fischer and/or Halford to be hot from 3. We need Kaufusi and Andrus to stay out of foul trouble. And we need them to have an off night shooting from the outside. Which puts us in the 5% chance of a win category.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Gunk is spot on. 20% chance. This team is playing as a team and they are very motivated. This game, I believe, is do or die for them to make the big dance. If they get reasonable reffing and reasonably good shooting from three, this is a dangerous team. Zags are a better team, but they have had occassional lapses. It's very hard to stay on top and intense each game of a fairly long season. They aren't vulnerable. But they certainly aren't invincible. This reminds me of the Boise State football team that beat Oklahoma in the bowl game years ago. A very solid team but they will have to sneak up on some opponents in the top 10, if they get that far in the Big Dance.
BYU puts it all on The line tonight in a close game but gets hosed by the refs who will secure the WCC need for a top 5 team and a number one seed.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

If you listened to the podcast you'll note that I totally nailed the Gonzaga game in my prediction.

And by totally nailed, I mean saying BYU would lose by close to 30.

I love being wrong!

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

SpiffCoug wrote:If you listened to the podcast you'll note that I totally nailed the Gonzaga game in my prediction.

And by totally nailed, I mean saying BYU would lose by close to 30.

I love being wrong!
Why I gave the point to Hawk, because I knew this would be a single-digit game (ambiguously meaning that we gave Lunardi the bird).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,