Rose's Inexplicable Slump Continues

BYU Cougars on the court.
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Rose's Inexplicable Slump Continues

Post by ABYUFAN »

Brayden Green wrote: (let's be honest, outside of Gonzaga, BYU and SMU the conference sucks)
Sorry to be "that guy" but it's SMC, not SMU. The good folks at Saint Mary's think we're all a bunch of dunder heads if we ever get that wrong.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

ABYUFAN wrote:
Brayden Green wrote: (let's be honest, outside of Gonzaga, BYU and SMU the conference sucks)
Sorry to be "that guy" but it's SMC, not SMU. The good folks at Saint Mary's think we're all a bunch of dunder heads if we ever get that wrong.
Good call. I always get that wrong. I just need to get the C in there... I should listen to some "Sister Christian" to get it finalized.

MOTORIN!!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Anyone know the price for flight for SMC?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

This is Kyles team. Matt wanted it to be his team. The two together were not working. And matt was more inconsistent and defiant to Roses system and lost the job. Rose went with Kyle. Matt left.
We had plenty of Halford and wonder who played within themselves to accomplish what MC brought. I will take Better team order and synergy over having MC.
So, first it should be analyzed as KC vs MC.
Second, I agree that BYUs record isn't better w MC. Maybe worse bc of chemistry problems.
Third, what BYU lacked MC couldn't bring. A strong 4 and even a strong 5.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

I think we've all underestimated the WCC. Based on statistics the WCC is better than the MWC. Also, our team was built to play in a different league when we entered. I think that makes more of a difference.

We lost Loveridge and Chapman, but it wasn't because we were in the WCC, it was because Utah was in the Pac 12. They don't come to BYU had they stayed in the MWC.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

Cougs_Rule wrote:This is Kyles team. Matt wanted it to be his team. The two together were not working. And matt was more inconsistent and defiant to Roses system and lost the job. Rose went with Kyle. Matt left.
We had plenty of Halford and wonder who played within themselves to accomplish what MC brought. I will take Better team order and synergy over having MC.
So, first it should be analyzed as KC vs MC.
Second, I agree that BYUs record isn't better w MC. Maybe worse bc of chemistry problems.
Third, what BYU lacked MC couldn't bring. A strong 4 and even a strong 5.

I believe this to be correct as far as the Kyle and Matt go but I think it's the teams team tho that might be grasping at straws.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

It wouldn't be a cougar fan site without rampant speculation, so thanks Cougs_Rule for bringing that in. Maybe you should write a novel about this make believe world that you have made up.

Kyle can (and in my opinion) should play the 3 position if he wants to play in the NBA. He will play Euro ball either way, which is maybe what he is going for.

KC vs MC doesn't exist. MC was and is our all time assist per game leader. You don't get that by wanting it to be "your team". They could have easily played together. Last year our best lineup was with MC, Mika, Haws, KC and Austin.

Basketball is not a zero sum game. Ginobili makes the Spurs better, whether he is starting or coming off the bench. Saying it is KC'S team and one of them has to go is like saying the Spurs are Tony's or Timmy's team, and Ginobili has to go. It's one or the other... it's a fantasy argument not based in fact.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: