NEXT YEAR.

BYU Cougars on the court.
Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NEXT YEAR.

Post by Qman »

In year one of Post Haws (PH), I foresee a major change in how we play. We are going to have two major post threats on the team in Davis and KC. The combo of Kaufusi and Austin will give us decent play from the center position. In short we should become a very good rebounding/power team. Shooting wise we have Fischer and....... Toolson? Emery? Calvert?

I think spacing is going to be difficult for us unless KC develops a consistent 3 pt shot.

Rotation wise I think it will work out like this:

Calvert- of course this the spot I am most uncertain about.
Fischer
KC
Davis
Austin ( I know Kaufusi is better but Rose respects his elders usually.)

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
McY
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by McY »

I don't see much talk about Aytes in this thread. Won't he be a significant contributing factor as well? I thought he was predicted to be a starter at one point(?). I confess I don't know tons about his play.

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

MesaCougFan wrote:Toolson graduated high school last year (2014) so I'm certain that he hasn't served a mission. I don't know if he has plans to do so.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Toolson already went out on a mission but had to come home just after he left due to an anxiety issue

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Qman wrote:In year one of Post Haws (PH), I foresee a major change in how we play. We are going to have two major post threats on the team in Davis and KC. The combo of Kaufusi and Austin will give us decent play from the center position. In short we should become a very good rebounding/power team. Shooting wise we have Fischer and....... Toolson? Emery? Calvert?

I think spacing is going to be difficult for us unless KC develops a consistent 3 pt shot.

Rotation wise I think it will work out like this:

Calvert- of course this the spot I am most uncertain about.
Fischer
KC
Davis
Austin ( I know Kaufusi is better but Rose respects his elders usually.)
Except when he doesnt. as in Kaufusi replacing Luke in the starting lineup. :-) then again, Luke is good for 5 every game. ;-)

Qman
All-American

Post by Qman »

McY wrote:I don't see much talk about Aytes in this thread. Won't he be a significant contributing factor as well? I thought he was predicted to be a starter at one point(?). I confess I don't know tons about his play.

I am not an expert on Aytes but based on highlight video's etc. He is a 6'6" power forward who is strong and athletic. I don't know if he has a 3 pt shot but he showed a mid-range jumper. I see Davis taking the bulk of the minutes at the 4 with Aytes providing depth next year.

He was going to be the starter by beating our Sharp. Davis is/should be much a better.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Fido wrote:Has anyone heard if Worthington was going as well?
It appears that he should receive his call this week and then we'll all know the specifics of to where and when he's leaving. Definitely count him out for next two seasons.

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

Another potential post player next year is 7'4 Alan Hamson, brother to Jen Hamson, who returns from his mission in the near future. Looks like he had some health issues with his back corrected with surgery before the mission and may be healed now. The family may be looking for a scholarship offer but not sure they could find one if they wanted to. The kid would definitely have to prove healthy but could be a game changer for us.

Here is a link to some chatter on CougarBoard about him: http://www.cougarboard.com/board/messag ... d=13871690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The guy providing the info seems to be pretty closely tied to AAU ball in Utah as I think he is a coach from the info he has provided on TBS.
If you were Rose do you take a chance on Alan? Does Austin have a scholarship next that could better used?

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

beauso79 wrote:Another potential post player next year is 7'4 Alan Hamson, brother to Jen Hamson, who returns from his mission in the near future. Looks like he had some health issues with his back corrected with surgery before the mission and may be healed now. The family may be looking for a scholarship offer but not sure they could find one if they wanted to. The kid would definitely have to prove healthy but could be a game changer for us.

Here is a link to some chatter on CougarBoard about him: http://www.cougarboard.com/board/messag ... d=13871690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The guy providing the info seems to be pretty closely tied to AAU ball in Utah as I think he is a coach from the info he has provided on TBS.
If you were Rose do you take a chance on Alan? Does Austin have a scholarship next that could better used?

He's not due to be released until the end of August (at this time). It sure would be nice if he'd grey shirt a year because that's not enough time to knock off any mission rust for the 2015-16 season. Then maybe the following year we'd have a scholie available.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

This kid is a long shot to play anywhere. Why else do you think he has no offers? Imagine Ian Harward just taller, skinnier, more uncoordinated, more fragile, poorer footwork, etc. He's probably a nice kid, but....

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Andrus got his mission call.