NEXT YEAR.

BYU Cougars on the court.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NEXT YEAR.

Post by hawkwing »

Fido wrote:I've heard Andrus, Nixon, and Toolson are going on missions IIRC. Has anyone heard if Worthington was going as well? I saw a thing that he had plans but just completed his Sophomore season so I'm not sure.
Worthington tweeted that he was mission bound.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Toolson has already gone and returned. He's not going back.

Mark my words though, as much as you may or may not like KC (and I am a bit peaved at him for carelessly if not arrogantly turning the ball over and throwing away the win, when he should have been a lock--Bartley I get notwithstanding I am the most ticked at)--but make no mistake--THIS YEAR IT TURNED INTO KYLES TEAM AND NEXT YEAR WILL BE SO EVEN MORE. He may play the three, but he will initiate the O while someone else plays secondary point.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Toolson has already gone and returned. He's not going back.
Every now and then, I have that dream where I am asked to go serve another mission. One of the most frustrating dreams ever.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by craigoscarson »

starting lineup next year will be
KC
Fischer
Toolson
Davis
Kaufusi

and austin, bartley, emery and aytes will be 1st off the bench

Seljaas is straight to mission and I just about guarantee that Calvert will redshirt

Toolson will make the biggest improvement from this year to next and Kaufusi will be ripped and significantly better. And Austin will get his year back.

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

The plan for Seljaas to serve a mission is new as the plan all along was for him to play a year and then go but both Toolson and Austin were expected to be gone

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

beauso79 wrote:The plan for Seljaas to serve a mission is new as the plan all along was for him to play a year and then go but both Toolson and Austin were expected to be gone

I've heard Seljaas was misson 1st for a long time. If he comes, that's great I love his game, but scholarships are tight and minutes will be too. They're at 14 with seljaas on the team unless they don't scholarship Kaufusi again.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

craigoscarson wrote:starting lineup next year will be
KC
Fischer
Toolson
Davis
Kaufusi

and austin, bartley, emery and aytes will be 1st off the bench

Seljaas is straight to mission and I just about guarantee that Calvert will redshirt

Toolson will make the biggest improvement from this year to next and Kaufusi will be ripped and significantly better. And Austin will get his year back.

I think this is the winner-winner. I think Kaufusi will pass up Austin, partly bc Nate has become dormant in his offense (last year and early this year) and Kaufusi is starting to show better offense AND is a little bit better rim protector. I have felt all year that Toolson will be our next great scorer. Maybe Emery, but Toolson can stroke it from deep better than anyone since Jimmer. If he has a midrange and can get to the rim (showed this once or twice) then he will be a legit player. But at least a bombardier.
And as Craig points out, KC isn't going anywhere. With Tyler gone, this is even more his team and he won't relinquish his PG duties unless Emery is killing it. Like Jimmer, KC is most comfortable with the ball in his hands. He's not mr Triple-double for nothing. And I doubt Rose is going to take this away from him.

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

I like the scoring potential of this line-up but could be defensively challenged

1 - KC
2 - Fischer
3 - Toolson
4 - Davis
5 - Kaufusi

I just hope Toolson can provide more defense than Tyler could and that the extra rebounding and shot blocking ability of Davis helps take our defense to a higher level next year. We can't afford periemter defense again like we showed against the quick Ole Miss guards again next year

kjjson
Freshman

Post by kjjson »

Gunk wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:Toolson has already gone and returned. He's not going back.
Every now and then, I have that dream where I am asked to go serve another mission. One of the most frustrating dreams ever.

Actually had that dream last night.

MesaCougFan
Freshman

Post by MesaCougFan »

Toolson graduated high school last year (2014) so I'm certain that he hasn't served a mission. I don't know if he has plans to do so.