Way to go WCC

BYU Cougars on the court.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Way to go WCC

Post by EM_Puma »

Well, I hope Gonzaga goes somewhere in the tournament. This season, the WCC is thus far 0-4 in post season tournaments:

NCAA
11 BYU (25-10, 13-5 WCC) 90
11 Ole Miss (21-12, 11-7 SEC) 94

NIT
5 Vanderbilt (20-13, 9-9 SEC) 75
4 Saint Mary's (21-10, 13-5 WCC) 64

CBI
Pepperdine (18-14, 10-8 WCC) 45
Seattle U (17-15, 7-7 WAC) 62

CIT
Sacramento St (21-11, 13-5 Big Sky) 73
Portland (17-16, 7-11 WCC) 66

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Way to go WCC

Post by Brayden Green »

Downvote away, but the WCC in terms of competition just isn't good.

I think they are all a bunch of standup teams, and I like the organization of it, but the competition is just awful. In a few years with the recruits we have coming we will stomp the WCC on a regular basis, a la Gonzaga (considering, of course, that Rose can balance personalities and keep them all of their collegiate careers).

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

sorry Mr. Green, I just don't see it. BYU just had their highest scorer in history graduate, as well as the guy who set records for triple doubles and was 3rd in the WCC until the last game of the year. WCC has some good teams. I also though BYU would waltz through a WCC schedule after the MWC days, but that certainly hasn't been the case. WCC will also continue to improve and these recruits you speak so highly of are still unproven.

WCC offers BYU a great mix of easy and difficult games. I don't think next year will be any better and 2016 could have an entirely different basketball team...

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

We don't have a complete team yet. Going to the WCC + mission rule change + injuries have left us with some pretty poor lineups the last couple years. Starting next year we begin the whomping, and we don't stop (cause we can't stop, you're welcome for the Miley Cyrus is your head). When Mika gets back and teams up with Emery + company, it's going to be pretty impressive. That Lone Peak team could have beaten half the teams in the WCC, and if we get Fred Jackson, it's gonna be lights out.

It's pretty impressive what we have done starting Kaufusi as a frosh and considering how heavily we had to rely on a non factor like Sharp the last few weeks.

BYU doesn't have a complete look, but they will. Get your season tickets now, that's all I'm saying.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Injuries and missions have plagued us recently. The complete lack of a post destroyed us this year.

With all the new guys coming in next year, we'll be a bubble team again. Two seasons from now we'll be quite the force, assuming injuries don't plague us. Remember, Emery has some shoulder issues.

That's the thing with our team. We're really only one deep.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel