2016 Basketball Recruits.....??

BYU Cougars on the court.
beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2016 Basketball Recruits.....??

Post by beauso79 »

How do we keep from missing out on 6'3 PG Frank Jackson and 6'8 PF Gavin Baxter?? Really don't want to miss out on these guys but our showing in the tourney will not help make our case this year. Will a recruit like Jackson recommit to BYU if we prove we can coach him up to play defense at the next level?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: 2016 Basketball Recruits.....??

Post by scott715 »

With Jackson, we win that game and a few more. He could put us over the top.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Coach him up to play defense? At BYU? You so don't get that kid. And a maybe even not BYU hoops. He's a perfect prospect for Roses scheme. But then again, Coach K hasn't been killing it on defense the last several years, so that makes it tough.
But as for winning Frank, it depends on his Ambitions and prospects. If he, like Jabari, wants to go pro early, he's probably better off at Duke.
But If he wants to play two or three or a mission, BYU is better. He would definitely lose his place in line at Duke if he chooses of serve a mission.
Jimmer did about as much as can be done to convince Frank that BYU can do that for him. HWs also. And maybe having younger Emery and haws, his teammates, if he wants to play with them, maybe has a positive influence. Bbt I think he is more about Frank but I don't him that well.
Maybe coaches assuring playing time. But that's about all BYu can do. Not going to be about W-L record.
Baxter. Meh. Not a big miss. Maybe not even a medium miss.

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

Who doesn't get BYU hoops right now? Just try to outscore every team and hope for the best. Everybody knows we can score but maybe showing Frank we can get him early playing time, allow him to score, and make him a plus defender to get him ready for the next level might put us back in front.

How is an athletic 4**** 6'8 PF in Gavin Baxter, who is LDS, not a miss if he doesn't choose BYU?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I stand corrected. I didn't realize he was a four star recruit and 44in the country in his class.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Cougs_Rule wrote:I stand corrected. I didn't realize he was a four star recruit and 44in the country in his class.
Actually Gavin only turned out Honorable Mention at state. So, again, not sure its a huge miss.

On the brighter side, BYU is one step closer to re-landing Jackson.

craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by craigoscarson »

Cougs_Rule wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:I stand corrected. I didn't realize he was a four star recruit and 44in the country in his class.
Actually Gavin only turned out Honorable Mention at state. So, again, not sure its a huge miss.

On the brighter side, BYU is one step closer to re-landing Jackson.
what step closer is that?

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

See my April fools day post.
BTW, Craig, what do you make of Gavin?