Nate Austin and Medical Redshirt

BYU Cougars on the court.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Nate Austin and Medical Redshirt

Post by Brayden Green »

hawkwing wrote:Great to see so much optimism about our post play when we haven't had good post play in years and have nothing but "potential" for the future.
Um??????

Nothing but 15' jumpers in that video....

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Brayden Green wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Great to see so much optimism about our post play when we haven't had good post play in years and have nothing but "potential" for the future.
Um??????

Nothing but 15' jumpers in that video....
Mika is a sterling example of how BYU has seen little but potential from its big men. Mika had the size, athleticism, and even offensive skill BYU has been craving, but unfortunately we only saw about 15 effective minutes per game, if that, from him as he was persistently getting himself into foul trouble. Mike has the potential to be really good, but needs to improve on defense so that he can stay out of foul trouble and play 30 minutes a game without worrying the ramifications of picking up another foul.

Mika has awesome potential, but I'm looking for a post player to crack at least the 2nd team all-WCC before I'll say we're beyond potential. That's not to say Mika won't be that guy--he'll probably be the best offensive rebounder BYU has ever seen, but all he did was show more potential than anyone BYU has had for a while. He hasn't arrived yet.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

In my opinion he showed more than potential. He was a good player. He had foul troubles, but it is rare for a freshman big man to not have them. He was a good player, better than we are used to on both ends of the court, and showed NBA potential.

He was pretty darn good as a true frosh, starting opposite Josh Sharp (read: he was the defensive focus). I don't think he'll be our best offensive rebounder, he'll be gone to the NBA well before he gets close.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: