Frank Jackson no longer committed to BYU? Duke in play

BYU Cougars on the court.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Frank Jackson no longer committed to BYU? Duke in play

Post by hawkwing »

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... asketball/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

hawkwing wrote:http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... asketball/
I'm glad the kid wants to go on a mission. That's a real credit to him. BUT someone needs to make sure he understands that a mission is not some sort of two year personal basketball improvement camp.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

BoiseBYU wrote:
I'm glad the kid wants to go on a mission. That's a real credit to him. BUT someone needs to make sure he understands that a mission is not some sort of two year personal basketball improvement camp.
I don't personally know Frank nor his family/social environment, but I am guessing that he knows exactly what a two year mission entails. I am also guessing that the author of this article has no idea whatsoever what a two year mission entails.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Wolverine wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
I don't personally know Frank nor his family/social environment, but I am guessing that he knows exactly what a two year mission entails. I am also guessing that the author of this article has no idea whatsoever what a two year mission entails.
He may understand a mission, but Frank is quoted as saying how beneficial a 2 year mission was in helping Ty Haw's develop, which we all know is complete bunk. Ty Haw's worked his butt off after he got back to get back into basketball shape. To me that says either Frank was horribly misquoted or he doesn't fully understand how little time he'll have have to work on his game.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

hawkwing wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
He may understand a mission, but Frank is quoted as saying how beneficial a 2 year mission was in helping Ty Haw's develop, which we all know is complete bunk. Ty Haw's worked his butt off after he got back to get back into basketball shape. To me that says either Frank was horribly misquoted or he doesn't fully understand how little time he'll have have to work on his game.
Exactly, and without knowing any particulars whatsoever, I will give Frank the benefit of the doubt of a horrible misquote.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

My neice is a big runner (track, cross country in HS, etc), she just got her mission call. She asked me how often she'd be able to run. I responded she could run every day she could convince her companion to go wake up extra early and go with her.

Frank will be able to work on his game as often as he is able to get his comp to wake up extra early and go to the ward building - if they have keys - to shoot around.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
IowaCougar
Junior

Post by IowaCougar »

SpiffCoug wrote:My neice is a big runner (track, cross country in HS, etc), she just got her mission call. She asked me how often she'd be able to run. I responded she could run every day she could convince her companion to go wake up extra early and go with her.

Frank will be able to work on his game as often as he is able to get his comp to wake up extra early and go to the ward building - if they have keys - to shoot around.
That would have been pretty hard in my mission - since I was never in a city that actually had a building.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

IowaCougar wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:My neice is a big runner (track, cross country in HS, etc), she just got her mission call. She asked me how often she'd be able to run. I responded she could run every day she could convince her companion to go wake up extra early and go with her.

That would have been pretty hard in my mission - since I was never in a city that actually had a building.
I was in some cities that had buildings and some that didn't, I only ever had keys once. We also had rules about not being out of the house before certain time periods no matter how early you got up. So a lot of it will depend on his mission and the unique rules they have.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

After a spate of injuries within one month playing pickup games at the park, we had a no hoops rule unless we were playing with legitimate investigators or legitimate prospective investigators.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

So basically, it's going be very tough for Frank to play much if any bball while he's gone. Certainly not in any amount that will contribute to the improvement of his game.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!