4* Connor Harding commits to BYU

Post by Fido »

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 4* Connor Harding commits to BYU

Post by Fido »

Per Greg Wrubell, Harding will serve a mission before playing.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

I like that most of our recent recruits are in the top 100.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Another Pocatello Kid. I hope he has the impact on the BB floor that Hill has on the FB field.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Great get for the Cougars. Won't see him for a very long time though.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

This is very solid news. Spectacular, not sure. remains to be seen. Tall 2 with good offense sounds great. I wonder if he can play D? :-)
BUt even more, Rose continues to get almost all of the top LDS recruits. Hes just ot missing like Bronco is. Except of course with Jackson and Jabari. BUt I think 1 and Done kids are another level and worthy of a pass for Rose.
BYU is going to be pretty stocked. and with ROses declaration that the next 3-4 years are his baset chance to go deep, clearly he is feeling very optimistic.

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

Harding's game looks a lot like Tyler Haws - except he is more physical. Would be nice if he can mirror Haw's work ethic and shooting touch. With the addition of Quincy Lewis (Lone Peak HS), defense will be given extra emphasis, and I believe that Connor will buy into the scheme.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Cougs_Rule wrote:This is very solid news. Spectacular, not sure. remains to be seen. Tall 2 with good offense sounds great. I wonder if he can play D? :-)
BUt even more, Rose continues to get almost all of the top LDS recruits. Hes just ot missing like Bronco is. Except of course with Jackson and Jabari. BUt I think 1 and Done kids are another level and worthy of a pass for Rose.
BYU is going to be pretty stocked. and with ROses declaration that the next 3-4 years are his baset chance to go deep, clearly he is feeling very optimistic.
But rose didn't initially get this guy. He choose Elon if you recall. i'm glad we landed him if he turns out to be as good as his highlight reel.

You forgot Jordan Loveridge

oh and Jesse Wade could be a mistake as well. Time will tell on that one.

I'm sure there are others but Rose's recruiting doesn't go under the same powered microscope lens that Mendenhall's recruiting has to pass through every year, so we get to hear all these whiny football fans complain about "missed recruits". I honestly don't know if Rose is better or not, but we sure don't hear the same decibel level of moaning when Rose misses a big recruit.

Just wondering, why do one and done type kids get a pass in regards to rose's recruiting? What makes that situation any different than someone whose goal is to make the NFL quickly?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

There are no one-and-done NFL players. And Rose seems to only be missing out on the elite of the elite LDS talent.

And basketball doesn't have as many recruits as football. So Bronco just seems to miss on "more".

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

BroncoBot wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:This is very solid news. Spectacular, not sure. remains to be seen. Tall 2 with good offense sounds great. I wonder if he can play D? :-)
But rose didn't initially get this guy. He choose Elon if you recall. i'm glad we landed him if he turns out to be as good as his highlight reel.

You forgot Jordan Loveridge

oh and Jesse Wade could be a mistake as well. Time will tell on that one.

I'm sure there are others but Rose's recruiting doesn't go under the same powered microscope lens that Mendenhall's recruiting has to pass through every year, so we get to hear all these whiny football fans complain about "missed recruits". I honestly don't know if Rose is better or not, but we sure don't hear the same decibel level of moaning when Rose misses a big recruit.

Just wondering, why do one and done type kids get a pass in regards to rose's recruiting? What makes that situation any different than someone whose goal is to make the NFL quickly?
I feel Jesse Wade is a mistake.