UVU Thoughts

BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: UVU Thoughts

Post by BroncoBot »

byufan4ever wrote:Also, I was disappointed that Toolson only played 16 minutes and only had 2 FGAs. When he did get the ball it seemed like he was trying to post up rather than drive or spot up shoot.
I'm fine with anyone developing a post game, Toolson in exhibition games was also posting people up. BYU has plenty of guys who are willing and capable (on any given night) of hitting the 3. If toolson wants to become a capable small forward instead of another "chucker", I'm behind it 100%.

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BlueK »

Congratulations to Kyle Davis for earning WCC player of the week honors for his play against UVU.

http://www.wccsports.com/news/byu-s-dav ... 11-15-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

byufan4ever wrote:Here are my PER for the UVU game:
UVU.PNG
I actually thought Fischer played quite well and showed more patience than I've ever seen from him. I think he probably set a lifetime individual all-time high of actually passing the rock to a teammate. He also scored in the paint and hit some mid range jumpers so hopefully he's starting to show that he's more than just a 3 point threat who chucks it up with no regard to teammates.

Davis was a beast and he will probably cost Collinsworth a triple double or two. I wonder how Davis will do against better bigs, but how many teams with decent bigs will we face this year? Gonzaga and who else? Davis should have a field day in the WCC. Collinsworth was trying to prove that he has a jump shot, but he just doesn't. The commentators said that Rose had said that he wants KC to be leading scorer so perhaps all of those forced shots were Rose's fault?

I also am disappointed that Calvert and Shaw did not get more minutes. I thought that they had earned them during the exhibition games. Also, I was disappointed that Toolson only played 16 minutes and only had 2 FGAs. When he did get the ball it seemed like he was trying to post up rather than drive or spot up shoot.
Thanks again for posting this. Can you explain how KC had a higher score than Davis. I like Austin's game but how did he get 4th with only rebounds? I agree on Fisher. The team will be better if he continues to play like this. I also hope Davis can keep this up against bigger and better opponents. Congratulations to him for nabbing WCC player of the week honors. I hope he gets more of them.