Kyle Collinsworth's selfishness is losing BYU games.

BYU Cougars on the court.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Kyle Collinsworth's selfishness is losing BYU games.

Post by snoscythe »

Emery looks like he might make a decent punter.

Kyle Davis' incredulity after every foul call against him, even blatant fouls, is getting old fast.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

snoscythe wrote:Emery looks like he might make a decent punter.

Kyle Davis' incredulity after every foul call against him, even blatant fouls, is getting old fast.
Agreed - Tyler Haws was really good about not arguing every foul call. Lately we as a team have lost our way on this. I'd like to get back to not reacting to those

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

snoscythe wrote: Kyle Davis' incredulity after every foul call against him, even blatant fouls, is getting old fast.
You can take the Aggie out of Logan, but you can't...

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

SenorCougar wrote:This assessment will be tested tonight. Since he will have limited playing time, BYU should be a better team, right?
Why is this topic even resurrected? KC is not playing at all like he was the first third of the season, and debate died out months ago because he has been a team player, MVP type Player since then. No one has been saying he is losing us games nor being selfish for the past 2-3 months. Strange timing to renew discussion on this topic.

SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

BYULV wrote:
SenorCougar wrote:This assessment will be tested tonight. Since he will have limited playing time, BYU should be a better team, right?
Why is this topic even resurrected? KC is not playing at all like he was the first third of the season, and debate died out months ago because he has been a team player, MVP type Player since then. No one has been saying he is losing us games nor being selfish for the past 2-3 months. Strange timing to renew discussion on this topic.
The topic had no merit when it was initiated. His value has not changed. My comment was simply an observation regarding the silliness of the topic, both then and now. It had no merit then, and still has no merit. Strange that you believed it earlier, but not now.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

I believe it earlier. He was forcing shots, trying to show off his newly acquired jump shot and continually driving into traffic. In fact, I would say it wasn't until the last half of the season when the season was really on the line that KC got away from forcing things.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Gunk wrote:I believe it earlier. He was forcing shots, trying to show off his newly acquired jump shot and continually driving into traffic. In fact, I would say it wasn't until the last half of the season when the season was really on the line that KC got away from forcing things.

I completely agree. It was obvious early on that he was forcing his game and trying to show he had a jump shot. You could see the difference when he changed his game and focused on the team winning rather than showing off his game.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

BYULV wrote:
Gunk wrote:I believe it earlier. He was forcing shots, trying to show off his newly acquired jump shot and continually driving into traffic. In fact, I would say it wasn't until the last half of the season when the season was really on the line that KC got away from forcing things.

I completely agree. It was obvious early on that he was forcing his game and trying to show he had a jump shot. You could see the difference when he changed his game and focused on the team winning rather than showing off his game.
I argue that if KC had shown that his jumpshot had developed; it would have greatly benefited the team. So it wasn't really a selfish act to try. It just didn't work. Maybe KC kept trying for too long.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Qman wrote:
BYULV wrote:

I argue that if KC had shown that his jumpshot had developed; it would have greatly benefited the team. So it wasn't really a selfish act to try. It just didn't work. Maybe KC kept trying for too long.
Really great point here.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Qman wrote:
BYULV wrote:

So, if the shot goes in it's unselfish, if the shot doesn't go in it's selfish? LeBron James is a great player that makes a lot of his shots. He's still selfish and forces things. Shot making and selfishness are separate. Had KC made his jumpers we would have lived with the selfishness, ala Jimmer.

Fact is KC worked on a jump during the off season. It's been the biggest criticism against him and his draft prospects, so of course he worked on it. If I recall, the first shot he took of the season was a jump shot, which he missed. He clearly came out intent on shooting jumpers despite there being a team chaulk full of jump shooters - Emery, Fischer, Saljaas, Chatman, etc. Even Davis has a better jumper than KC. Jump shooting isn'/wasn't what we needed yet he came out bent on displaying it.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel