Creighton at home

BYU Cougars on the court.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Creighton at home

Post by EM_Puma »

So in the end this season, our home schedule ended up a whole not better with UAB, VT and now Creighton.

Greg Wrubell tweeted "Updated Pomeroy rankings: BYU (25-10) 54, Creighton (20-14) 40."

But honestly, I don't believe that Creighton had any better wins than Virginia Tech.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Creighton at home

Post by SpiffCoug »

It's a home game. BYU should win and see themselves to NYC.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

http://gocreighton.com/news/2016/3/20/- ... inals.aspx
Scouting Creighton
Creighton is 20-14, with wins over the likes of Xavier, Seton Hall and Butler this season prior to a 72-54 victory over Alabama last Tuesday and an 87-54 triumph over Wagner on Saturday. Picked to finish ninth in the preseason, the Bluejays went 9-9 in league play and finished sixth in the BIG EAST this year.
The Bluejays are averaging 79.6 points per game and are 15-1 when scoring 80 or more points this season.
Second Team All-BIG EAST guard Maurice Watson Jr. leads the conference with 6.5 assists per contest and Creighton with 14.2 points per game, while Geoffrey Groselle tops the club with 6.1 rebounds per game and is third with 10.9 points per game. He's shooting 69.7 percent from the field this year, second nationally among players with at least five attempts per game.
Cole Huff (11.1 ppg.) has been in double-figures in eight of the last 11 games, including a career-high 35 points vs. Seton Hall in the BIG EAST Tournament, while James Milliken (9.7 ppg.) has scored 103 points in his last six games and played some of his best basketball in March the past two seasons.
Lots of other good stats and info in that link too!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Creighton was 4-8 on the road this year.

Going into the NIT they had lost 5 of their last 6 games and 8 of their last 12 games.

They've given up 80 or more points eight times this year. (BYU did this 12 times).

They did score 85 or more points 14 times and fewer than 70 just seven times. (BYU did this 23 and 4 times respectively.)

My prediction is they're going to be more than comfortable trying to get up and down the court with BYU and will eventually run out of gas and BYU should win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

If you are interested in tickets, it looks like the lower bowl in sold out. Just keep checking. For the UAB game I bought and kept checking later. For some odd reason the seats will be sold out and then some come popping through. No idea what's behind that, but I saw it and almost bought a second pair as some center court, 12 rows up, suddenly became open.

Today when I first looked, there were none in the lower bowl. I refreshed and two showed up. I must have not been fast enough as they were gone as soon as I clicked on them. I kept refreshing and another pair came open and I bought them. So anyhow, if you want lower bowl, but there are none showing, keep refreshing.