All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Creighton

Post by Qman »

imuakahuku wrote:
BYULV wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Qman wrote:My goal for the NIT is for Jamal Aytes to smile once. Since he has fallen out of the rotation I haven't seen a single smile.
Seriously, what happened to that guy. So much hype. Didn't have an injury setback early in the season again?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
if I recall, he did have another injury setback early on, ankle, I believe. But when he did start getting playing time, he made a lot of mistakes and has never gotten to his expected form.
To me it seems he likes the ball up to or way on the wing and wants to drive in. I think Rose wants him to post up instead. We have better ball handlers that can drive in so we need him inside. kind of the like the problem with Nielson. He want to float around the 3pt line but Rose wanted him underneath banging bodies. I think that is the only reason Worthington even saw the floor.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I think it had more to with the defensive end. Aytes is much shorter than Kaufusi, Davis or Austin. Hopefully his improves his defensive smarts over the offseason and/or finds a 3 point shot.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Creighton

Post by BroncoBot »

I never understood the hype with Aytes. I think a lot of people were excited that an athletic looking black guy was going to be wearing a BYU uniform. Still hoping he pans out. He's obviously had a hard year and minimum contribution to BYU so far.