2017 Bracketology - No BYU

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 2017 Bracketology - No BYU

Post by byufan4ever »

It's like pre-season rankings. Utterly meaningless, but they get us fans discussing our favorite sports during its downtime or offseason.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

byufan4ever wrote:It's like pre-season rankings.
That's my problem with it. It's just a beauty contest based on no data just like the pre-season rankings. Once the season gets going it's way better than the national rankings because it's based on what teams have actually done and their records vs. the rpi top 25/50/100, which is what the committee looks at, while the national polls remain being just a beauty contest.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Mars wrote:
byufan4ever wrote:http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2016/4/7/ ... 16-lunardi

Lunardi has Gonzaga and St. Mary's from the WCC, but Cougs are not even on the bubble. But he doesn't know what we know, right?!
Would you have traded Collinsworth for Mika this year? I'm undecided. We lose good players, but add strength to our weakest position.
No question. We have point guards. We didn't have a big man worth two nickels.

The huge loss is Seljaas going into next year, KC and FIscher are both replaceable (speaking of the position). So far the best we have at the 3 is a shooting guard playing down at the 3, or a PF playing up.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: