BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2017 Bracketology - No BYU

Post by byufan4ever »

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2016/4/7/ ... 16-lunardi

Lunardi has Gonzaga and St. Mary's from the WCC, but Cougs are not even on the bubble. But he doesn't know what we know, right?! 8)

And Hawkwing, I love the new Insert URL tool. Much better! Great job on the site!!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: 2017 Bracketology - No BYU

Post by hawkwing »

Glad it's working out so well :)

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

byufan4ever wrote:http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2016/4/7/ ... 16-lunardi

Lunardi has Gonzaga and St. Mary's from the WCC, but Cougs are not even on the bubble. But he doesn't know what we know, right?!
Would you have traded Collinsworth for Mika this year? I'm undecided. We lose good players, but add strength to our weakest position.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

SMU 1st in WCC, 2nd in WCC Tourney (NIT quarterfinals) returns all five starters and the subs so it is understandable that they would be considered a strong candidate.

Zags 2nd in WCC, 1st in WCC Tourney (NCAA Sweet Sixteen) lose Sabonis and Wilcher but return with Edwards, Perkins, McClellan and reload with proven transfers: Jonathan Williams III and Nigel Williams-Goss.

BYU returns starters Emery, Davis - part-time starter Kafusi. Mika is proven starter as is Bryant but rest are newbies. However, great potential with Childs and Dastrup added to team. Team could use a SF (possibly return of Toolson or 6-6/6-7 shooting forward - like Seljas).

Preseason rankings are nothing to get too excited about as Villanova wasn't projected that high this year and they won the tourney.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:

Lunardi has Gonzaga and St. Mary's from the WCC, but Cougs are not even on the bubble. But he doesn't know what we know, right?!
Would you have traded Collinsworth for Mika this year? I'm undecided. We lose good players, but add strength to our weakest position.
Great question. I believe we'd have lost more games with Mika for Collinsworth this year.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Lunardi has Gonzaga and St. Mary's from the WCC, but Cougs are not even on the bubble. But he doesn't know what we know, right?! 8)

And Hawkwing, I love the new Insert URL tool. Much better! Great job on the site!!
I think we're at the point where it will be the norm for the WCC to only get 1 team into the NCAA tournament, 2 in really good years. BYU needs to win the WCC tournament to get in.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I think we can get 3 teams in next year.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

hawkwing wrote:

I think we're at the point where it will be the norm for the WCC to only get 1 team into the NCAA tournament, 2 in really good years. BYU needs to win the WCC tournament to get in.
I disagree. I think we will typically be 2-3 teams. What hurt this year was that all three of the top teams played weak out of conference schedules and/or did not perform well out of conference. We had about as weak a supporting conference as we have had in a long time and each of the best teams still managed to lose dumb games they had no business losing. If the top there play, schedule up and win when they're supposed to we easily get in 2-3 teams. We just didn't earn it this year.

E-Zone15
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by E-Zone15 »

byucougar1 wrote:SMU 1st in WCC, 2nd in WCC Tourney (NIT quarterfinals) returns all five starters and the subs so it is understandable that they would be considered a strong candidate.

Zags 2nd in WCC, 1st in WCC Tourney (NCAA Sweet Sixteen) lose Sabonis and Wilcher but return with Edwards, Perkins, McClellan and reload with proven transfers: Jonathan Williams III and Nigel Williams-Goss.

BYU returns starters Emery, Davis - part-time starter Kafusi. Mika is proven starter as is Bryant but rest are newbies. However, great potential with Childs and Dastrup added to team. Team could use a SF (possibly return of Toolson or 6-6/6-7 shooting forward - like Seljas).

Preseason rankings are nothing to get too excited about as Villanova wasn't projected that high this year and they won the tourney.

Last I knew SMU played in the AAC and made it to the NCAA Tournament. Now SMC (St Mary's College), does play in the WCC. FWIW, St Mary's College fans really get bent out of shape when they are called SMU.

:utard:

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

I don't like pre-season bracketology.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...