Schedule for 2016-2017

Post by scott715 »

BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Schedule for 2016-2017

Post by BYULV »

I love BYU BBall in Las Vegas. I wonder if this is any hint the WCC Tourney will move to MGM next year. Dave Rose likes to experience the arenas firsthand. Likely just coincidental. Fwiw, I hope they keep the WCC tourney at the Orleans.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BYULV wrote:I love BYU BBall in Las Vegas. I wonder if this is any hint the WCC Tourney will move to MGM next year. Dave Rose likes to experience the arenas firsthand. Likely just coincidental. Fwiw, I hope they keep the WCC tourney at the Orleans.
Why would you want to keep the Orleans for the conference tournament? Isn't it undersized when considering the number of BYU and Gonzaga fans who want tickets?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

BlueK wrote:
BYULV wrote:I love BYU BBall in Las Vegas. I wonder if this is any hint the WCC Tourney will move to MGM next year. Dave Rose likes to experience the arenas firsthand. Likely just coincidental. Fwiw, I hope they keep the WCC tourney at the Orleans.
Why would you want to keep the Orleans for the conference tournament? Isn't it undersized when considering the number of BYU and Gonzaga fans who want tickets?
That is the only time we come close to filling up the Orleans arena, championship BYU v Gonzaga. When we played them in the semifinals the arena was not close to a sellout, but better than the championship game which was only 75% full at best for Gonzaga v SMC. I'm probably a little selfish on the Orleans as it is so much easier to get to than the MGM or T-Mobile would be, plus I have a connection for tix at the Orleans which makes it a very nice situation for games there. 8)

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BYULV wrote:
BlueK wrote:
That is the only time we come close to filling up the Orleans arena, championship BYU v Gonzaga. When we played them in the semifinals the arena was not close to a sellout, but better than the championship game which was only 75% full at best for Gonzaga v SMC. I'm probably a little selfish on the Orleans as it is so much easier to get to than the MGM or T-Mobile would be, plus I have a connection for tix at the Orleans which makes it a very nice situation for games there. 8)
It was actually a sellout. Empty seats from people holding a ticket and not showing up to a game in a session other than the one their team is playing in is not the same thing as the game not being sold out. The problem is in a tiny arena there is no way to give the teams a large enough allotment and still have some tickets available for the arena to sell on the day of the game. So you have a situation where there are empty seats and probably enough interested fans to fill them but the arena can't do anything about it because the ticket was already sold to someone who hasn't shown up for that session. Granted, some of them are going to sell their ticket to a fan of another team who is playing, but a lot of the time won't.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Looks like the Orleans Arena got the contract for the WCC tournament through 2019.

I'm fine with that.