ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Eric Mika is back today

Post by ABYUFAN »

hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
hawkwing wrote: It's reported that he will take a meeting with Larry K. to hear him out about transferring.
Reported, or rumored?
Rumored. I'll correct my original post.
Honestly this sounds like something some ute fan would completely make up. Kind of like Chase Hansen transferring to BYU when he gets home. There are some doofuses in this world, (in this case - but not exclusively in Utah) who make wild stuff up just to get a response. And some people, like lemmings, respond just as they are predicted to do)

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

ABYUFAN wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
hawkwing wrote: It's reported that he will take a meeting with Larry K. to hear him out about transferring.
Reported, or rumored?
Honestly this sounds like something some ute fan would completely make up. Kind of like Chase Hansen transferring to BYU when he gets home. There are some doofuses in this world, (in this case - but not exclusively in Utah) who make wild stuff up just to get a response. And some people, like lemmings, respond just as they are predicted to do)
Just wishful thinking and posting on ute boards.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

imuakahuku wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
Reported, or rumored?
Just wishful thinking and posting on ute boards.
And then their inevitable response "Oh we don't want him anyway he's not that good and/or he was tainted by his time in Provo. Honestly it's "color by numbers" over there.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

The transferring thing has been debunked several times through multiple sources. Also, the person that started the rumor on the crappy Ute site admitted to it being a joke, and 3 months later it still has legs on their site.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Brayden Green wrote:The transferring thing has been debunked several times through multiple sources. Also, the person that started the rumor on the crappy Ute site admitted to it being a joke, and 3 months later it still has legs on their site.
Agreed. BYU fans need to stop perpetuating a 100% false rumor that was started by a ute internet troll who has already debunked it himself.

Also, it would make no sense in light of the Riley Nelson rule anyway. Mika would be forced to sit out a year with no scholarship and no contact with the Utah coaches or team during that year. Per NCAA rules Mika isn't allowed to meet with a coach of a different team, even if BYU released him. The Riley Nelson rule was passed to prevent missionaries who played for a school on scholarship before the mission to do that kind of thing. USU wanted the rule but ironically it actually ends up protecting BYU the most.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

I predict that the next false rumor started by a ute will be that Mika was all set to transfer but somehow BYU pulled off some dirty trick to keep him, like giving him money or something. Stay tuned.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

One more comment. I think this is probably the most successful BYU sports related internet trolling attempt ever. Wannabeaute (the guy who started the rumor) should go into the annoying yewt troll hall of fame. He even got Gonzaga fans a few months ago to put their own spin on it and start talking about Mika transferring to them.

The original post that started it:

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=1726938

Keep in mind that in this original version of the rumor from nearly a year ago it doesn't say Mika will transfer when he comes home. It actually said Mika was ALREADY home (a year early from his mission) and was going to be playing for utah. Obviously he didn't come home early.

And here is one of the refutations of the rumor from the poster who started it:

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=1815171

BYU fans should stop spreading it. By giving it credibility when it was meant only as a joke makes us look like we don't think we're as good as Utah if one of our own who happens to be a great player wants to leave for our rival, no less.

And Utah fans are just pretty dumb to talk about it also because Mika has no interest in Utah. He's not going there, and making this into a big rumor is only going to look in the end like Mika rejected them because they're not good enough for him.
Last edited by BlueK on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

BlueK wrote:I predict that the next false rumor started by a ute will be that Mika was all set to transfer but somehow BYU pulled off some dirty trick to keep him, like giving him money or something. Stay tuned.
Free socks....its all about the free socks. :lol:

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

BlueK wrote:One more comment. I think this is probably the most successful BYU sports related internet trolling attempt ever.
I'd give that honor to Bronco Mendenhall's "Spirit, Tradition, Honor" uniform idea.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Mars wrote:
BlueK wrote:One more comment. I think this is probably the most successful BYU sports related internet trolling attempt ever.
I'd give that honor to Bronco Mendenhall's "Spirit, Tradition, Honor" uniform idea.
I'm pretty sure that was genuine Bronco and not an internet trolling attempt. And yes, it was a silly idea, as bad as the year the utes put "utah" on both the front and the back of the basketball uniforms.