CBS article: BYU one of 10 teams prob not ranked to start who will be a threat come March

BYU Cougars on the court.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

CBS article: BYU one of 10 teams prob not ranked to start who will be a threat come March

Post by BlueK »

BYU is in this list and also has two of the other teams listed here on their schedule (Princeton and Valpo)

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basket ... -by-march/

The author assumes these will be double digit seeds, which most will. But I actually think BYU makes the tournament on a single digit seed this time. He does mention Mika being back, which is nice, but he doesn't talk about any of the other additions who should make this a very good team.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: CBS article: BYU one of 10 teams prob not ranked to start who will be a threat come March

Post by nuk13 »

Thanks for posting this blueK. I appreciated him mentioning Kyle Davis. He worked on rebounding and put backs and had some double doubles. He also didn't huck the ball up just after he crossed the mid stripe. I liked his description of Mika being a 6' 10" tyrant. He was complimentary of Emery as well. I just hope he plays a little more under control and works with the rest of the team. His talent level is high.

I also think some of the new guys will contribute much to the season's success.

BlueK
Senior

Re: CBS article: BYU one of 10 teams prob not ranked to start who will be a threat come March

Post by BlueK »

Obviously I hope the football team figures it out offensively and has a great game tomorrow.

But I just can't wait for that first game of the season against Princeton. The talent upgrade this season is going to be very noticeable even though the experience and maturity may take a little time to develop. It's going to be a fun year I think.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basket ... ess-noise/

They project us at 20 regular season wins and give props to Emery.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

scott715 wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/college-basket ... ess-noise/

They project us at 20 regular season wins and give props to Emery.
20 wins means 11 losses. That seems like a lot of losses with this schedule which I don't think is THAT hard. The article also says BYU is better than most people think, which is interesting. One thing that people have forgotten is that for Rose's first five or six seasons his teams rarely lost games they shouldn't. Those teams had more depth and talent that what they've had post-Jimmer. I think this team is more like his earlier teams in that respect, so I think they're less likely to lose to weak teams. But we'll see what happens. I'm excited for Monday's game. I think it will fun to watch these guys.