http://lawlessrepublic.com/2016/10/03/b ... t-preview/

Looks at 9 player in the backcourt.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Backcourt Preview 2016

Post by nuk13 »

I am, at this point, most impressed with TJ Haws. The passes shown in his video are amazing. In one he was driving in the lane and without a twitch he hit someone he wasn't looking at. On another the defense was collapsing on him and he hit a teammate who had no one close to him. We didn't see much of that last season. He also attacked the basket very well. It didn't show a video of Rose but if he also can handle the ball we may have what's been missing from the team for a while.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

nuk13 wrote:I am, at this point, most impressed with TJ Haws. The passes shown in his video are amazing. In one he was driving in the lane and without a twitch he hit someone he wasn't looking at. On another the defense was collapsing on him and he hit a teammate who had no one close to him. We didn't see much of that last season. He also attacked the basket very well. It didn't show a video of Rose but if he also can handle the ball we may have what's been missing from the team for a while.
This is exactly what TJ was known for in HS. Hopefully he's retained his handles and passing ability. He's going to be an asset.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Saw someone on another board say he expects "very little" from Haws this year. I get that he's coming off a mission, but that's way overstating the caution, IMO. Did we get "very little" from his brother the year he came back, or from Emery last year? No way. BYU has figured out how to bring a player off a mission, especially the Haws family. TJ will be a fun player this season just like his brother and Nick Emery were. And he'll only get better. But he'll be a good, fun player to watch this year too.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
trom2foot3
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by trom2foot3 »

Agreed

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I third it. I believe if we'd have had one more quality play maker on the team last year and one less gunner we could have made it in to the sweet 16.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

**This post was in response to a prediction from another poster that TJ Haws would be like a young Pistol Pete Maravich for BYU this year, which was removed by the poster....probably after reading this response**

Wow. That's one hell of a prediction for a kid who hasn't played yet.

How young of a Pete Maravich are we talking here? The 43 ppg and 4 apg he put up as a sophomore at LSU? Or the 44 ppg and 6 apg he turned in as a senior?

I mean, we're talking one of the top two collegiate point guards of all time from the second he stepped on the court, and the top ppg scorer in NCAA history--Maravich's 3 seasons at LSU are still the #1, #2, and #3 ppg seasons in collegiate hoops history--Jimmer's best season was still 17 ppg below Maravich's worst.

If you're thinking Haws is even going to give us just 30+ a game (7 better than Jimmer), I hope you know what you're talking about.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »