So the BYU-Utah ball series took a break because a 50-yr old man was waiting for an apology

BYU Cougars on the court.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

So the BYU-Utah ball series took a break because a 50-yr old man was waiting for an apology

Post by SpiffCoug »

From a 21-year old kid?

How said of a man is Coach 80k?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: So the BYU-Utah ball series took a break because a 50-yr old man was waiting for an apology

Post by hawkwing »

Very.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: So the BYU-Utah ball series took a break because a 50-yr old man was waiting for an apology

Post by BoiseBYU »

How pathetic is this man? He probably will hold the team in the locker room unless all fans put their empty cups in the proper trash receptacles.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

I hope BYU comes out firing.

Beat Utah and basketball will earn a lot of fans this season.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Gunk wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 am I hope BYU comes out firing.

This is the real reason fans have been down on Rose the last couple of years. Not that the team hasn't been to the the NCAA's, not that we haven't won the WCC, but that we haven't beat the utes in a couple of years. Never mind that BYU has dominated the series under Rose.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

frdbtr wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 am

This is the real reason fans have been down on Rose the last couple of years. Not that the team hasn't been to the the NCAA's, not that we haven't won the WCC, but that we haven't beat the utes in a couple of years. Never mind that BYU has dominated the series under Rose.
Rose has a lot less pressure to perform than Bronco did or Sitake does now simply because of the sport involved. Bronco got a LOT of crap from fans for his losing streak vs Utah. This is the FIRST time I've even seen someone mention the basketball losing streak vs Utah. I think it would take losing 10 in a row in basketball to get fans as upset as losing 2 in a row in football.

And for me personally, yes, I want to beat Utah in basketball, but for me not making the NCAA tournament is a bigger deal. Football has a different post-season and making a bowl game is really not that difficult although getting into the playoffs and winning the NC is now virtually impossible for a "mid-major" program like BYU. So in my mind beating Utah is the biggest and best thing that BYU football can do in a given year. However, in basketball, I feel like every team legitimately has a path to the post-season tournament and even the NC. Win your conference tournament and you're in. So for me, in football I'll take a Utah win over a mediocre bowl win, but in basketball I'll take an NCAA tournament season over a Utah win any day.

With that said, let's beat Utah and that sorry individual that they have for a coach!!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

byufan4ever wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:33 am
frdbtr wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 am

Rose has a lot less pressure to perform than Bronco did or Sitake does now simply because of the sport involved. Bronco got a LOT of crap from fans for his losing streak vs Utah. This is the FIRST time I've even seen someone mention the basketball losing streak vs Utah. I think it would take losing 10 in a row in basketball to get fans as upset as losing 2 in a row in football.

And for me personally, yes, I want to beat Utah in basketball, but for me not making the NCAA tournament is a bigger deal. Football has a different post-season and making a bowl game is really not that difficult although getting into the playoffs and winning the NC is now virtually impossible for a "mid-major" program like BYU. So in my mind beating Utah is the biggest and best thing that BYU football can do in a given year. However, in basketball, I feel like every team legitimately has a path to the post-season tournament and even the NC. Win your conference tournament and you're in. So for me, in football I'll take a Utah win over a mediocre bowl win, but in basketball I'll take an NCAA tournament season over a Utah win any day.

With that said, let's beat Utah and that sorry individual that they have for a coach!!
I think you are in the minority on this opinion, though few would admit it.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I don't care who offended who and who is still offended.

BYU needs to win this game or I'm promptly getting off the feel good story of 2017-18 BYU basketball.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 pm I don't care who offended who and who is still offended.

BYU needs to win this game or I'm promptly getting off the feel good story of 2017-18 BYU basketball.
I agree that BYU needs to win this game. the utes are down. BYU needs to establish the dominance they had for a while. It is irritating to see them get beat and lately the games haven't even been close.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I want the basketball team to beat Utah just as much as I want the football team to beat them. I don't like them losing to anyone but losing to Utah is worse. I even cheer for UVU and Utah State when they are not playing us.