Pepperdine

BYU Cougars on the court.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Pepperdine

Post by Gunk »

Phew...another nail biter. Not sure I can handle anymore OT games.

A win is a win, so I'll take it.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Pepperdine

Post by BoiseBYU »

The team is developing some maturity and that is fun to see. The OT win at home was crazy lucky for us but I will take it! Tonight’s OT win was well deserved.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

Yeah, I hope all the games they win are in close overtime games. Get them to grow up faster. The young Cougs struggle in end of game situations where more experienced, Senior-laden teams impose their will and take over games.

So part of me really wants these last-possession games so that they can get older, faster.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

No doubt. It builds confidence and experience.

The OT against SMC was a disaster. USF and Pepperdine aren't SMC, but it's nice to see we have our wits about us now in OT. That wasn't there before.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 am The team is developing some maturity and that is fun to see. The OT win at home was crazy lucky for us but I will take it! Tonight’s OT win was well deserved.
Didn't see the game, but I know pepperdine doesn't have 5 wins on the season. Why was BYU in a position to even get to OT?

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

BroncoBot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 am
BoiseBYU wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 am The team is developing some maturity and that is fun to see. The OT win at home was crazy lucky for us but I will take it! Tonight’s OT win was well deserved.
Didn't see the game, but I know pepperdine doesn't have 5 wins on the season. Why was BYU in a position to even get to OT?
Pepperdine made some clutch shots. They beat us on the boards. Hawes had an off night shooting. Too many turnovers on our part. They are all reasons why it was close, at least in my book. But we battled, kept our composure, and made our own clutch shots.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Pepperdine has some good athletes. They've had a lot of close games this season. Their game approach was to drive to the basketball and take us off the dribble. BYU struggles a bit with defending that.

We tried to force a lot of passes, which led to turnovers. I've noticed this over the last few games. A lot of times it seems to come from the bigs trying to pass to the middle.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 am
This is a good question. Not sure why but Pepperdine had our number in their gym. We had lost 4 straight to them on the road until last nights win.