Will Mitt Run?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Will Mitt Run?

Post by Ddawg »

With all the hoopla and angst surrounding the Tump presidential run - some heavy establishment insiders - behind the scene GOP heavy hitters - would like Mitt Romney to reconsider and enter the race. Will he?

Will Mitt Romney Jump In?

As Jeb Bush struggles to carry the establishment mantle, some wonder whether the time is right for Mitt.

By Bernie Quigley | 08/31/15

http://observer.com/2015/08/will-mitt-romney-jump-in/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ddawg
All Star

Re: Will Mitt Run?

Post by Ddawg »

Personally, I think it's too late for Mitt. Full disclosure, I'm a huge Romney supporter. That said, I think the uphill organizational climb vs Trump's $$$$ would be insurmountable. IMHO.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I think it's too late for Mitt to get back in and I think it's too late for the Republicans in general.

I think Trump has done exactly what he and his friend Hillary Clinton intended which was completely fracture the republican party into multiple splinter groups that will find it very difficult to come back together.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:I think it's too late for Mitt to get back in and I think it's too late for the Republicans in general.

I think Trump has done exactly what he and his friend Hillary Clinton intended which was completely fracture the republican party into multiple splinter groups that will find it very difficult to come back together.
+1

Republican politicians are the worst losers I can remember in recent times. They suck.

KittyCathy
Gray Shirt

Post by KittyCathy »

Oh, +1! I agree! Sternly said, but true.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

If I were Mitt, and it was only the establishment that wanted me to run, I'd tell them no way. The establishment is the problem and the reason why Trump has taken the momentum.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

stuckinbig10country wrote:If I were Mitt, and it was only the establishment that wanted me to run, I'd tell them no way. The establishment is the problem and the reason why Trump has taken the momentum.
Yep. The GOP establishment has lost all credibility with its base.

In all honesty, he would probably be polling around where Kasich, Jeb, Rubio, and Christie are.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!