Romney's VP Announcement!!

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Romney's VP Announcement!!

Post by imuakahuku »

I have to say Ryan was not my first choice but I think Rubio was toxic because of his LDS background. Otherwise he would be one of my top choices. I think a great choice would have been Christi if he would have taken it. Patraius was a red herring, he even stated he has no desire to enter politics. Doesn't mean he would'nt do it but he seemed in every inverview pretty sincere in not running for political office. I would have loved to se Alan West but at the least I hope they pick him as Sec of Def (he has been retired long enough).
I'm glad he didn't pick Rice because Ryan appeals to the tea party type which he needed to do. Romney is thought to be too liberal for conservates in the East. I can't wait to hear the radio pundits.
As for Ryan, he will be attacked and attack #1 will be his budget. They will go after the "take medicare away from seniors". I hope that Romney's team will pull their head out and explain that it didn't but regardless Obama already raided it to the tune 800 bil.
We shall see. Just keep "educating" (which actually means to draw out what is already there) our neighbors despite all the mass media lies and misinformation.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

I was looking for it again, but couldn't rediscover it. Nevertheless, one of the Romney campaign spokespeople said something today that indicated to me that anyone who was a sitting Senator was dismissed from real consideration early on unless they were positive a Republican with a spine would take the vacated seat, so Rubio had that one going against him as well. At least we know Romney's campaign isn't so self-involved to be ignoring the shape of the Congress a victorious Romney would have to work with to get anything done.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

That makes sense.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!