Rate the Dark Knight Rises

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.

Having seen it with my own two eyes:

Great flick to round out the series
63%
Good show, but not up to snuff with the first two
No votes
Meh.
13%
W.T.F(lip). That's what all the hype was for?
25%
other
No votes

Total votes: 8

mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Rate the Dark Knight Rises

Post by mizzoucoug »

All I can say is I nearly walked out of the theater half way through the movie. Yes, I was that disappointed.

The first time I heard Bane speak I thought to myself "WTF were they thinking?!" In no way did this movie live up to The Dark Knight, which is the best comic adaptation flick ever.

Let me count the ways...

1. Bane was so boring. Wow a terrorist with a mask. How original. Again, his voice was so distracting. I know I can't be the only one on who was bothered by this.
2. Catwoman. She was introduced in order to have the final scene of Batman and her walking off into the sunset. This was not necessary.
3. Robin. He didn't do anything cool enough to make me believe he's the heir apparent. This part of the movie was also forced.
4. Did I mention the plot was boring and unoriginal? A bomb is going to go off in Gotham? Wow that's never happened! Who needs Bane? They could've used some terrorist from Pakistan instead. Bane does not inspire fear or terror alone. (The Joker did.)
5. The cops getting stuck underground was just weird and unrealistic.
6. Then the final shoot-out where the terrorists had tanks and automatic rifles...the cops had pistols. That fight is over in 10 seconds. Yet somehow the cops take them all prisoner.
7. Boring prison scene.
8. The movie was not dark and, thus, did not resemble in any way the Batman mystique. 9. The action was ok.
10. Too many new characters went undeveloped even though the movie lasted almost 3 hours.
11. Slow pacing drove the weak story into the ground. (The Dark Knight was non-stop bullet train ride and incredibly unpredictable.)

I paid to watch the Dark Knight 4x in the theaters. I am happy to say that I will never spend a cent to see this one (again).