Response to “Are Mormons Closer to Muslims or Christians?”

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Response to “Are Mormons Closer to Muslims or Christians

Post by imuakahuku »

CougarClaw wrote:
hawkwing wrote:A great excuse to kill Jews, but don't worry, this guy only has millions and millions of followers, so it's a really "fringe" group. Just like every other group of Muslims in the world that also believe Jews should be annihilated.

But I have to give you props for being so politically correct.
at no point have I disagreed that many muslims want the jews annihilated. They do. That's bad. I don't need to argue this point since it's pretty common knowledge.

What I do have to argue is the not-so-small detail that the jews are currently annihilating a Muslim nation. They are. Right now.

Islamic anger against the Jews is not completely unjustified. In the video the Saudi refers to Palestine as a kind of concentration camp. Well guess what, the Saudi is right! Palestine has checkpoints. Huge encompassing concrete walls. miles and miles of barbed wire, dogs, jeeps, and watchtowers. Stifling economic crackdowns. 0 foreign trade. blockades, crippling military checkpoints, random imprisonments. police brutality, and the list goes on and on.

Put yourself in their place for even a fraction of a moment and you'd want to "liberate" your brothers in Palestine too. It's an absolute mess. But it's a two-sided mess.
Point of fact. There never has been a palestinian country. These people are pawns of Syria, Jordan, and Iran. Those countries want the people to suffer so they can continue to harp on the US and Isreal. And how can Isreal be "stealing land that has been theirs for thousands of years?
There is a reason for the walls, the wire, dogs etc. its because mulims keep trying to kill Jews, Christians, and every other non-muslim they can! BTW those walls you talk of surround Isreal not palestine. I would like to see the proof on the police brutality etc. As for the video, I think you missed the point. The guy was on there spewing lies to get muslims fired up against Isreal.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BroncoBot wrote:
Ddawg wrote:'Tumour' of Israel will soon be destroyed: Ahmadinejad"

August 17, 2012

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a "cancerous tumour" that will soon be excised, drawing Western rebukes.

Washington said Ahmadinejad's statements were "reprehensible", while Paris viewed them as "outrageous."

Ahmadinejad's diatribe against Israel in his Quds (Jerusalem) Day address was the latest in a long line to have drawn criticism from Western governments.

"The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour," he said.

"The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land.... A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists," he said."

http://news.yahoo.com/tumour-israel-soo ... 48418.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't think anyone here agrees with Ahmadinejad. We all know how he feels. But he's not speaking for all of Islam.
Correct - he is not speaking for all Muslims in the entire world. He is speaking for Iran, which will shortly have nuclear weapon capability, and is committed to destroying Israel.

Who is stating Ahmadinejad speaks for the entire Muslim world? Who ever posted that?

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

CougarClaw wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
So I am offended by even the suggestion that His church is even remotely like that of the Muslim religion. And anyone trying to claim tolerance and understanding should go to a street corner in Jordan, holding a bible (or BOM) and preach about God's love. Let's see what happens in the name of "tolerance". Understand that on those "Coexist" bumper stickers the letter C wants to pull a "pac-man" on the rest of them and gobble them all up.

What would you do if you caught your muslim neighbor throwing a BOM in the toilet? What we he do if he caught you doing the same to a Qur'an? How many from your EQ or High Priests Quorem would be trying to burn down his house? But if you did it, not only would he claim offense but there would be riots in Europe, Africa, and Asia, and you would end up in hiding.

I don't even know where to start on this one. Your post is filled with mistrust, hate, and anger. My religion doesn't teach that. How are you so convinced of the evil of 1.6 Billion people? It's all about love my friend. Understanding and love. Right now, doesn't sound like this topic generates much of either for you which means we don't have anything to learn from each other.
Yeah, I suffer from mistrust, hate and anger lol. When you reply please pay a little more attention. I even made sure to point out that I saw a difference between the people and islam “Islam is evil. There are many Muslims that are not evil but the religion they practice is.”
As for learning from each other, no unfortunately you seem to believe that the “radical fringe” does not represent islam. Well, until I see muslims stand up for Isreal and the US then I guess I have to harbour a little of that “mistrust” you mentioned. Just bear in mind that islam teaches that you too are an enemy and eventually need to be either killed, enslaved, or made a dhimmi.
Also feel free to point out the hatred and anger part of it. I only see facts about islam. I guess that means hate.

quinn's 2nd law of liberalism Hate speech is any speech a liberal doesn't agree with.

CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by CougarClaw »

imuakahuku wrote:
quinn's 2nd law of liberalism Hate speech is any speech a liberal doesn't agree with.
I really riled you up there didn't I. Now you're calling me names. That's okay. I don't hate you. you should try it some time.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Ddawg wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

August 17, 2012

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a "cancerous tumour" that will soon be excised, drawing Western rebukes.

Washington said Ahmadinejad's statements were "reprehensible", while Paris viewed them as "outrageous."

Ahmadinejad's diatribe against Israel in his Quds (Jerusalem) Day address was the latest in a long line to have drawn criticism from Western governments.

"The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land.... A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists," he said."

http://news.yahoo.com/tumour-israel-soo ... 48418.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't think anyone here agrees with Ahmadinejad. We all know how he feels. But he's not speaking for all of Islam.
Correct - he is not speaking for all Muslims in the entire world. He is speaking for Iran, which will shortly have nuclear weapon capability, and is committed to destroying Israel.

Who is stating Ahmadinejad speaks for the entire Muslim world? Who ever posted that?
So if he's speaking for Iran, why do his statements merit mentioning in this thread? He's just a crazy old dude. I was critical of your post because your using sensationalism to try and prove a point, which is exactly what the MSM is doing.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BroncoBot wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

August 17, 2012

So if he's speaking for Iran, why do his statements merit mentioning in this thread? He's just a crazy old dude. I was critical of your post because your using sensationalism to try and prove a point, which is exactly what the MSM is doing.
Correction - no sensationalism - pure fact.

Correction - not some crazy old dude. The president of a nation (who may be crazy) with nuclear power, soon to have nuclear weapons, a big bank account - and the determination to do very bad things.

Please explain and define - who speaks for the entire Muslim world? Thx.
Last edited by Ddawg on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

CougarClaw wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
I really riled you up there didn't I. Now you're calling me names. That's okay. I don't hate you. you should try it some time.
Lol Umm who started with the hate speech? are you self identifying? you are excusing Islam, I just pointed out facts, gave my opinion and suddenly I was full of hate. see how it works boys and girls.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

tww
Sophomore

Post by tww »

On that note... I think CougarClaw has earned a new nickname.

I dub thee, "The Craw."

Is that name calling? Bonus points for anybody that knows the reference.

(clue: If you are under 40 years old you probably won't have any idea.)

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

imuakahuku wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
Lol Umm who started with the hate speech? are you self identifying? you are excusing Islam, I just pointed out facts, gave my opinion and suddenly I was full of hate. see how it works boys and girls.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
.. How on this green earth did you finagle hate speech out of my response? self-identifying? LOL. I JUST finished writing "I DON"T HATE YOU."

Let's go back to logic-ville for a moment. My goal was to provide insight into my experience with muslims, living in a muslim country, speaking their language, and knowing them personally. If you feel your understanding of muslims is superior to mine to the point where you can completely disregard my perspectives as you are now doing, then that's your call.

However, if someone came to me and tried to tell me how Mormons were evil based on things he/she had read on the internet I would sincerely hope they would at least consider my real-life experience before calling me a liberal and ignoring cries for tolerance and brotherly love as you are now doing. No need to hate. anyone.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

tww wrote:On that note... I think CougarClaw has earned a new nickname.

I dub thee, "The Craw."

Is that name calling? Bonus points for anybody that knows the reference.

(clue: If you are under 40 years old you probably won't have any idea.)
CRAW. : an itching skin disease produced by the larvae of the filarial worm causing onchocerciasis migrating in the subcutaneous tissues;

gee thanks.