Paul Ryan

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Paul Ryan

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ryan's speech was simply phenomenal last night.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

snoscythe wrote: Rice was an abject disappointment to me in her delivery--though her remarks were substantively moving, her delivery obfuscated what she was saying and it lost all power.
Very obfuscated.

Also, Christie and Rubio will be big-time players come 2020. If Jesus is late too the party, that is.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote: After last night, I have now watched Portman, Pawlenty, Rice, and Ryan all speak at the RNC.

I think Ryan is the face of the future of the GOP. I'm sorry I knocked him so much early on.
See - you "nearly" knocked Paul Ryan off his game with all those "negative vibes."

I hope you learned your lesson. So, from now on and for ever more - only say things that are nice, and filled with sugar and spice.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

snoscythe wrote:After last night, I have now watched Portman, Pawlenty, Rice, and Ryan all speak at the RNC. I have to say that based on that limited sample set, I think Romney made the right choice. Rice was an abject disappointment to me in her delivery--though her remarks were substantively moving, her delivery obfuscated what she was saying and it lost all power.

As a side note--Rick Santorum came into this convention thinking he would take the mantle as the runner-up to be first in line for a 2016 nomination, and he gave the most douchebaglike self-involved speech I have heard since the 2008 DNC. His eyes closed in passion trying to force a 5 minute hands metaphor was painful. Paul Ryan absolutely ripped that mantle from Santorum's hands last night by putting verbosity aside and addressing issues and fixes. I think Ryan is the face of the future of the GOP. I'm sorry I knocked him so much early on.
I actually thought of Sno during the RNC and about what you said regading Ryan. I paid especial attention to the speeches of Portman, Jindal, Rice, and Rubio as examples of what might have been. Ryan came out ahead of all of them and I arrived at the same conclusion you did for all of them except perhaps Marco Rubio (and Christie) . Rubio is clearly too Junior, and his Mormon past doesn't help him in a Romney ticket but that kid "gets it", I would definitely get behind Rubio's vision as well as Christie's. But I agree that Ryan and his pretty blue eyes are the future of the party. Rubio and Christie are waiting in the wings and will have bright futures as well but not before Ryan's done.

(Ryan/ Rubio in 2020?)

After the speech it was crystal clear that Ryan is the rising face of the GOP.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Mars wrote:
snoscythe wrote: If Jesus is late too the party, that is. [/color]
Have we seen enough virgin lamps go out yet?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jesus is more than 8 years away.