NBC on the Church

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby CougarClaw » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote: If NBC wanted to inform people about what Mormons are in America they should have done an interview with Harry Ried, the most prominent American Mormon right now.

:sick: :sick: :sick:


lol. I would have loved to have all kinds of great Democrat Harry Reid comments on Mormonism on file to counter incoming religious attack ads.
User avatar
CougarClaw
Pro
 
Posts: 3197
Positive Score: 0
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby BYULV » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:46 pm

CougarClaw wrote:
Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote: If NBC wanted to inform people about what Mormons are in America they should have done an interview with Harry Ried, the most prominent American Mormon right now.

:sick: :sick: :sick:


lol. I would have loved to have all kinds of great Democrat Harry Reid comments on Mormonism on file to counter incoming religious attack ads.


I agree with the :sick: :sick: :sick: Harry Reid is one of my least favorite politicians.
User avatar
BYULV
All-American
 
Posts: 1582
Positive Score: 9
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby bigbluepuma » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:56 pm

BYULV wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote: If NBC wanted to inform people about what Mormons are in America they should have done an interview with Harry Ried, the most prominent American Mormon right now.

:sick: :sick: :sick:


lol. I would have loved to have all kinds of great Democrat Harry Reid comments on Mormonism on file to counter incoming religious attack ads.


I agree with the :sick: :sick: :sick: Harry Reid is one of my least favorite politicians.



Would easily be my LEAST favorite if not for the other 2 stooges.
User avatar
bigbluepuma
Senior
 
Posts: 996
Positive Score: 3
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby urroner » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:11 pm

bigbluepuma wrote:Would easily be my LEAST favorite if not for the other 2 stooges.


Who are they??? Schmoe and who else? :whistle: :whistle: ;)
Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
User avatar
urroner
Heisman Winner
 
Posts: 2445
Positive Score: 1
Negative Score: 0
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:40 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby BoiseBYU » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 pm

urroner wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:Would easily be my LEAST favorite if not for the other 2 stooges.


Who are they??? Schmoe and who else? :whistle: :whistle: ;)


Curleomney and Obamoe
User avatar
BoiseBYU
Heisman Winner
 
Posts: 2929
Positive Score: 20
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:35 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby bigbluepuma » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 pm

BoiseBYU wrote:
urroner wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:Would easily be my LEAST favorite if not for the other 2 stooges.


Who are they??? Schmoe and who else? :whistle: :whistle: ;)


Curleomney and Obamoe



No, Nancy Curleosy and Obomoe
User avatar
bigbluepuma
Senior
 
Posts: 996
Positive Score: 3
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby snoscythe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:02 am

As one positive, the NBC special made the Church "clarify" its stance on caffeine by restating what its said about it for almost a decade now. But to some people that was evidently breaking news--a good way to tell which of your Facebook friends never bothered to study the Church caffeine policy.
User avatar
snoscythe
Over-Achiever
 
Posts: 5849
Positive Score: 46
Negative Score: -1
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:52 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: NBC on the Church

Postby BroncoBot » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:45 pm

I find the recent interest in caffeine hilarious. I've never been a fan of any cola drink, don't "do the dew" too often, and try to avoid soda in general. I've never cared what others are drinking for dinner. But found it hard to stomach when I've heard someone explain to others that the reason members of the LDS church don't drink coffee or tea is because they are caffeinated. REALLY??? So why exactly is chocolate or other caffeine containing foods fit for consumption. I do have to say, those that are drinking enough caffeinated soft drinks so as to create an addiction should seriously consider what all that SUGAR is doing to their system.

The best explanation that I can come up with is that caffeine was a convenient scapegoat for an otherwise lengthy discussion when confronted about coffee or tea.

I'd still like an explanation about "barley drinks" that are mentioned in the D&C.
User avatar
BroncoBot
Over-Achiever
 
Posts: 6918
Positive Score: 13
Negative Score: -1
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

Previous

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StatsCougar and 1 guest


  • Next Football Game

Middle Tennessee:

weeks
0
0
days
0
0
hours
0
0
mins
0
0
secs
0
0
Channel: CBS Sports Network Kickoff: 11/01 13:30 MST
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
  • Next Basketball Game

Next Season:

weeks
0
0
days
0
0
hours
0
0
mins
0
0
secs
0
0
Channel: Tipoff: 11/5 18:0 MST
Location: Marriot Center
  • Support CougarCorner

Don't want to see these ads? Sign in or Register!

  • Register
  • Login
    • CougarCorner Man Updates
    • CougarCorner News Bites
    • CougarCorner Prediction Game

    Next FB Game

    Opponent: Middle Tennessee
    Location: Murfreesboro, TN
    Date: Nov 01, 13:30

    Enter Your Predictions

    Average Predictions

    QuestionPrediction
    BYU Score32
    Middle Tennessee Score27
    More Turn OversBYU
    BYU Pass Yards283
    BYU Rush Yards152
    Middle Tennessee Pass Yards278
    Middle Tennessee Rush Yards111
    More Field GoalsMiddle Tennessee
    More TDsBYU
    More SacksMiddle Tennessee

    Previous FB Game

    Predictions v Results

    QuestionPredictionActual
    BYU Score3230
    Boise State Score2555
    More Turn OversBYUBYU
    BYU Pass Yards302259
    BYU Rush Yards17863
    Boise State Pass Yards268410
    Boise State Rush Yards116227
    More Field GoalsBoise StateBoise State
    More TDsBYUBoise State
    More SacksBoise StateBoise State

    Next BBall

    No Next Game Found

    Previous BBall

    Place Holder for Prev Basketball Game

    cron