2016 Obama's America

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
tww
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2016 Obama's America

Post by tww »

I just saw the documentary by Denesh D'Souza. This is a must see documentary movie. I thought D'Souza did a very good job on this and gives some excellent perspective. The only thing bad about it is that someone should have done this research back in 2008.

Anybody else see it yet?

imuakahuku
All-American

Re: 2016 Obama's America

Post by imuakahuku »

Haven't seen it yet but can't wait to see it. I don't think there will be anything that surprises me but it should be a nice show nonetheless. Here is a nice article written by L.E. Ikenga in 2009 that if you haven't read yet, is spot on about Obama and gives definition to what he really is.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/06/ ... onial.html

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

I went and saw it. It was ok. D'Souza's I'm-listening-very-intently-to-what-you-have-to-say face was kind of distracting.

I thought the part with his brother was a bit much. It's hard to fault Obama for not providing for family that is half a world away and has had little to no contact with Obama. There are bigger things to get him on.

I didn't agree with his United States of Islam theory either.

I do think he is a poor president who does not believe in the free market, America or the founding principles of the United States. I think he is a Marxist and Statist. He is bad for America's present and future.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

First, a disclaimer that I haven't seen the film, so I'm only going off of hearsay.

One of the most vocal birthers in the country has a talk show on AM radio here in Denver every morning during the commute. I listen to him about half of my mornings. He will have D'Souza on the show tomorrow morning, but this morning was ripping the movie to shreds because the movie apparently runs on the premise that Barrack Sr. is Obama's father without ever delving into the mystery of Barry Soetero's origins. Essentially his point was "Yeah, the movie is powerful, but it's based on an assumption that is not factual.

Dunno if that's here, there, or neither, but I thought it interesting to hear an Obama-hating birther call out this movie as junk. Should be an interesting morning ride tomorrow.

If anyone cares to listen in, it's Peter Boyles on KHOW radio Denver, live streaming and on-demand streaming available below:

http://www.khow.com/pages/boyles.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of his stuff includes this Obama campaign provided photo in all its photoshopped glory:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I know they talked about his father, but also hinted that maybe the book "Dreams from My Father" is more about his political father - Obama's Communist mentor, Frank Marshall Davis - than his biological father, whom he hardly knew.

But D'Souza does go on to say that Obama might be more anti-colonialist like Barack Sr. than a Marxist/Communist like FMD.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:I know they talked about his father, but also hinted that maybe the book "Dreams from My Father" is more about his political father - Obama's Communist mentor, Frank Marshall Davis - than his biological father, whom he hardly knew.
Yeah, that totally misconstrues Dreams from My Real Father--that one I've seen. The entire first 1/3 of the movie makes the argument that FMD is the real biological father. The remaining 2/3 address the political heritage from FMD.

http://www.obamasrealfather.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tww
Sophomore

Post by tww »

snoscythe wrote:First, a disclaimer that I haven't seen the film, so I'm only going off of hearsay.

One of the most vocal birthers in the country has a talk show on AM radio here in Denver every morning during the commute. I listen to him about half of my mornings. He will have D'Souza on the show tomorrow morning, but this morning was ripping the movie to shreds because the movie apparently runs on the premise that Barrack Sr. is Obama's father without ever delving into the mystery of Barry Soetero's origins. Essentially his point was "Yeah, the movie is powerful, but it's based on an assumption that is not factual.

Dunno if that's here, there, or neither, but I thought it interesting to hear an Obama-hating birther call out this movie as junk. Should be an interesting morning ride tomorrow.

If anyone cares to listen in, it's Peter Boyles on KHOW radio Denver, live streaming and on-demand streaming available below:

http://www.khow.com/pages/boyles.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, I knew that would be coming after I saw that part of the documentary but where Obama was born and who his actual father is is not the thrust of D'Souza's message. To bring that topic into it would only serve to cloud what Denesh sees to be more important.

Obama doesn't see America as part of the solution but part of the problem. He intends to cripple America economically to put us on equal footing with the rest of the world and to emasculate our defense, particularly our nuclear defense. We now no longer have an economic or nuclear advantage. Soon we could end up with nothing but squatter rights and harsh words to defend ourselves. If that happens freedom is dead.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

tww wrote:
snoscythe wrote:First, a disclaimer that I haven't seen the film, so I'm only going off of hearsay.

Yeah, I knew that would be coming after I saw that part of the documentary but where Obama was born and who his actual father is is not the thrust of D'Souza's message. To bring that topic into it would only serve to cloud what Denesh sees to be more important.

Obama doesn't see America as part of the solution but part of the problem. He intends to cripple America economically to put us on equal footing with the rest of the world and to emasculate our defense, particularly our nuclear defense. We now no longer have an economic or nuclear advantage. Soon we could end up with nothing but squatter rights and harsh words to defend ourselves. If that happens freedom is dead.
I just find it hard to believe that someone would dedicate their life to becoming the leader of something in order to destroy it. I think Obama is incompetent, not willfully malicious

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

If Republicans spent half the time pointing out his record as they spend on "birthing", Obama's image would be seriously damaged. Spending too much time on his origins make people look obsessed and desperate. Keep the argument focused on how terrible his first term was.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

BroncoBot wrote: If Republicans spent half the time pointing out his record as they spend on "birthing", Obama's image would be seriously damaged. Spending too much time on his origins make people look obsessed and desperate. Keep the argument focused on how terrible his first term was.
I agree with you that the Republicans need to focus on Obama's dismal record - and it is dismal.

However, there are a number of problems with just stating that Republicans have not focused on Obama's record - they have. The problem is, the role of a very biased media.

I read a study by a UCLA professor - about media bias. It is a scholarly work, and he concluded that biased liberal media gave a Democratic presidential candidate 10% pts. That is stunning.

As for the whole "Birther" phenomenon. I am not a "birther" - however - those folks do have some interesting points.

I'll list a few points of interest.

1. On the Birth Certificate released by the Whitehouse it lists President Obama's father as Barack Hussein Obama. Good right?

A. But, it lists his father's birth place as "Kenya." At first glimpse - no problem. But, Barack Hussein Obama Sr. was born June 18, 1934. Kenya did not even exist until Dec. 12, 1964 (Wikipedia - look it up).

B. Note - Kenya was created 27 years after Barack Hussein Obama Sr.'s birth. Pres. Obama was born in 1961 - 3 years before Kenya was formed. How could Kenya be listed on his Birth Certificate in Hawaii, when a place called Kenya did not exist?

2. On Pres. Obama's Birth Certificate is lists him as African American. No big deal - now. Bu back in 1961? No way - that term was not used. The accepted, respectful way to refer black people was as Negroes. How could a Birth Certificate in 1961 define Pres. Obama with a term that was not even in use?

There's more - but that suffices. There are legitimate questions - and they are not kooky. However, Obama's people and the liberal media paint the folks that raise serious, legitimate questions about his birth certificate as "kooky." The same way they attack Romney and Ryan as extreme, and "wingnuts." That's the easiest way to marginalize and dismiss serious questions is to portray the questioners as weird, kooky, and odd.

It worked.