Obama/Clinton and Libya...W....T.....F

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Obama/Clinton and Libya...W....T.....F

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:I'm shocked that any Muslim would act that way. :whistle: Islam means - Peace.

These events are tragic. Horrible.

Obama and Hillary Clinton should be ashamed for their response.

I'm interested in watching the Islamic apologists on "CC" come out and explain away the murder of a US Ambassador and (from what I am reading) up to 4 other consular staff were shot and killed, 12-17 wounded. I'm also catching reports, possibly 2 more U.S security people were killed. This is an evolving story.

The Middle East is on a downward, violent, extremist glide path. It will keep getting worse. Much worse.
I do not like to be called an apologist, it sounds so negative, but I suppose I am so here goes. I am deeply saddened by the violence and mystified at the very first responses by Clinton and Obama. I do note that soon thereafter they condemned the violence very strongly. And on the Islamist front, I also note that the Libyan government, Islamic, condemned the violence with the Prime Minister apologizing to the United States. And a number of Libyans were injured trying to defend the compound. And the "apology" Romney is upset about? It was a statement issued by the Cairo embassy when demonstrations away from the embassy we going and hours before thugs, perhaps al quada elements, moved toward the embassy and attacked it. We should be a tad slower to get a visceral and agitated, methinks. In any event, it does not diminish the horror of it all and the hate that fills these peoples' hearts. But you have an Islamic government condemning the actions of its citizens, and Islamic people injured and killed trying to defend our compound in Libya. Still a very sad day.
Last edited by BoiseBYU on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:I'm shocked that any Muslim would act that way. :whistle: Islam means - Peace.

I'm interested in watching the Islamic apologists on "CC" come out and explain away the murder of a US Ambassador and (from what I am reading) up to 4 other consular staff were shot and killed, 12-17 wounded. I'm also catching reports, possibly 2 more U.S security people were killed. This is an evolving story.

The Middle East is on a downward, violent, extremist glide path. It will keep getting worse. Much worse.
I do not like to be called an apologist, it sounds so negative, but I suppose I am so here goes. I am deeply saddened by the violence and mystified at the very first responses by Clinton and Obama. I do note that soon thereafter they condemned the violence very strongly. And on the Islamist front, I also note that the Libyan governement, Islamic, condemned the violence with the Prime Minister apologizing to the United States. That does not diminish the horror of it all and the hate that feels these peoples' hearts. But you have an Islamic government condemning the actions of its citizens. In any event a very sad day.
Arafat condemned a bunch of them too. He even condemned the 9/11 attacks. So to me they are meaningless words.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

So, hypothetical time--if the Aurora shooter would have waited until the credits to roll, would Obama have apologized to him and condemned Christopher Nolan?

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Ddawg wrote:Islam means - Peace.

Islam is actually an abbreviation for Islama-Oyomama, which roughly translated means "Peace through annihilation."

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

imuakahuku wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:

I do not like to be called an apologist, it sounds so negative, but I suppose I am so here goes. I am deeply saddened by the violence and mystified at the very first responses by Clinton and Obama. I do note that soon thereafter they condemned the violence very strongly. And on the Islamist front, I also note that the Libyan governement, Islamic, condemned the violence with the Prime Minister apologizing to the United States. That does not diminish the horror of it all and the hate that feels these peoples' hearts. But you have an Islamic government condemning the actions of its citizens. In any event a very sad day.
Arafat condemned a bunch of them too. He even condemned the 9/11 attacks. So to me they are meaningless words.
Surely the lives of the Libyans injured and killed defending the compound are not meaningless....

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:So, hypothetical time--if the Aurora shooter would have waited until the credits to roll, would Obama have apologized to him and condemned Christopher Nolan?
The only apology I have seen and the one which Romney takes umbrage was a statement issued by the embassy in Egypt prior to the deadly attack and which said it condemned attacks on religions. Is that the Obama apology you are referring to? I get that the buck stops with the President and he is ultimately responsible, but it was issued before the attacks started and not in reference to the organized attacks that were commenced.....

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
We should be a tad slower to get a visceral and agitated, methinks.
Visceral? Meaning - getting emotional instead of using my intellect. That's quite a statement from a guy that has never met me. Pretty big assumptions there Shemp.

Are you aware our Commander in Chief cancels over 50% of his national Security briefings? Are you aware our Commander in Chief had zero National Security briefings in the week leading up to 9/11. That's some heavy duty negligence. I guess those fundraisers and campaign stops are far more important.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Visceral? Meaning - getting emotional instead of using my intellect. That's quite a statement from a guy that has never met me. Pretty big assumptions there Shemp.

Are you aware our Commander in Chief cancels over 50% of his national Security briefings? Are you aware our Commander in Chief had zero National Security briefings in the week leading up to 9/11. That's some heavy duty negligence. I guess those fundraisers and campaign stops are far more important.
I appear to have offended you. I apologize. My statement was directed at what I consider to be hasty judgment related to the attacks in Libya and Eqypt that some here and Mr. Romney engaged in. I am not aware of the facts you state above. They do not relate directly in my view to that which was the OP, namely caling to task the Administration and associating Islam with the work of what appear to be al Qaeda or a pro kadaffi group. I respect your right and everyone else here on CC to disagree with that assessment. I don't mean to engage though by way of offending. And my name is not Shemp.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:

I appear to have offended you. I apologize. My statement was directed at what I consider to be hasty judgment related to the attacks in Libya and Eqypt that some here and Mr. Romney engaged in. I am not aware of the facts you state above. They do not relate directly in my view to that which was the OP, namely caling to task the Administration and associating Islam with the work of what appear to be al Qaeda or a pro kadaffi group. I respect your right and everyone else here on CC to disagree with that assessment. I don't mean to engage though by way of offending. And my name is not Shemp.
Have a nice night.