Obama/Clinton and Libya...W....T.....F

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Obama/Clinton and Libya...W....T.....F

Post by snoscythe »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09 ... e-streets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Florida minister makes a film depicting Mohammed having sex and posts it online. A Egyptian news affiliate somehow finds the film, decides it's newsworthy, and does a segment on the film, including showing some excerpts from the offending scenes to the whole of Egypt and much of neighboring Libya. The ever rational Egyptian Islamists go haywire, storm the US embassy, take down the American flag, and in its stead raise the flag of Al Qaeda.

The White House's first response--denounce the video, and as an aside denounce the mob. The White House is also careful to describe the flag not as Al Qaeda's flag, but as a "flag representing the Islamic faith." Clinton later denounces the violence, but uses some language that is laughable given our current stance toward Iran: "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others." I guess that just doesn't apply when you are talking about wiping an entire nation from the map because of its religion.

Then, overnight, some more zealots storm the embassy in Libya, killing the ambassador and three other Americans. News reports all state the ambassador was caught live and suffocated and/or strangled. Photos and videos show his body being paraded through the streets and roughly treated. First statement from SoS Clinton?--The ambassador was apparently accidentally killed by shrapnel, and the photos and videos show the Libyans trying to get the injured ambassador to the hospital. Anyone who has seen the photos and videos has got to be flabbergasted by that interpretation. That's once heck of a way to try and get someone to medical treatment, especially someone so obviously dead.

Given these events, the Executive's response, and the nightmare of yesterday's developments with Israel, one has to ask--W....T.....Fudge is going on?

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Obama/Clinton and Libya...W....T.....F

Post by hawkwing »

It's pretty much the same thing the Mormon's did when the US made that broadway play... right? We're basically the same :lol:

But in all seriousness, this is a serious Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment. And the way the current administration is handling this is absolutely inexcusable.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

We are the battered spouse of radical Islam. They beat us and we apologize to them for it.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

SpiffCoug wrote:We are the battered spouse of radical Islam. They beat us and we apologize to them for it.
And by "we" he means our current State Dept. and the Obama Admin.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

I'm shocked that any Muslim would act that way. :whistle: Islam means - Peace.

These events are tragic. Horrible.

Obama and Hillary Clinton should be ashamed for their response.

I'm interested in watching the Islamic apologists on "CC" come out and explain away the murder of a US Ambassador and (from what I am reading) up to 4 other consular staff were shot and killed, 12-17 wounded. I'm also catching reports, possibly 2 more U.S security people were killed. This is an evolving story.

The Middle East is on a downward, violent, extremist glide path. It will keep getting worse. Much worse.

tww
Sophomore

Post by tww »

Ddawg wrote:I'm shocked that any Muslim would act that way. :whistle: Islam means - Peace.

I'm interested in watching the Islamic apologists on "CC" come out and explain away the murder of a US Ambassador and (from what I am reading) up to 4 other consular staff were shot and killed, 12-17 wounded. I'm also catching reports, possibly 2 more U.S security people were killed. This is an evolving story.

The Middle East is on a downward, violent, extremist glide path. It will keep getting worse. Much worse.

But of course we all know that these crimes were committed by just a very small minority of radical muslims and do not represent the billions of good muslims. Where were those billions of good muslims when all this was going on? Oh yeah, probably praying for peace and baking cookies for their christian and jewish friends.

Well, that "small minority of radical muslims" is about to have nukes and obama won't even speak to the PM of Israel to compare notes.

I am afraid this could be a very ugly October that will put a bigger damper on the football season than OC being uninvited.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

To be fair the outcry by the majority of Muslim groups denouncing these barbaric and hateful acts and explaining that in America we have a free country where people can say and do things that are distasteful has certainly been deafening.

Oh, wait...

tww
Sophomore

Post by tww »

I think the cry, "we are millions of Osamas" pretty well settles that discussion.

What will it take for us to wake up?

As Zig Ziggler said, "just because you might occasionally find a good biscuit in a trash can that doesn't make trash cans a good place to look for a meal."

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ddawg wrote:I'm shocked that any Muslim would act that way. :whistle: Islam means - Peace.

To be fair, Islam doesn't mean "peace."It translates to "submission" and a Muslim is one who submits.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

tww wrote:

But of course we all know that these crimes were committed by just a very small minority of radical muslims and do not represent the billions of good muslims. Where were those billions of good muslims when all this was going on? Oh yeah, probably praying for peace and baking cookies for their christian and jewish friends.

Well, that "small minority of radical muslims" is about to have nukes and obama won't even speak to the PM of Israel to compare notes.

I am afraid this could be a very ugly October that will put a bigger damper on the football season than OC being uninvited.
+1. Ding - Ding - Ding!!! Bingo!!! Just wait and see how many Muslim leaders from the Middle East condemn these action. Crickets.

I heard a very interesting comment by Charles Krauthammer last night. He said: The Muslim radicals could not have climbed the U.S. Embassy wall in Egypt and Libya if the local police and army had not let it happen.

This is a prelude ..... more to come.