Obama/Clinton and Libya...W....T.....F

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Obama/Clinton and Libya...W....T.....F

Post by Ddawg »

Interesting comment on Libya, from the former head of the CIA's Bin Laden Unit ~

"Meanwhile, Michael Scheuer, former head of the CIA's Bin Laden unit, said: "The people we are fighting for in Libya, the backbone of that movement, are former mujahedeen from around the world." We are "enabling people who may not be formally aligned with al-Qaida but who want the same things to grasp ever closer to power."

Scheuer said the media had taken "a few English-speaking Arabs who are pro-democracy and a few Facebook pages out of the Middle East and extrapolated that to a region-wide love of secular democracy," adding, "It is as insane a situation as I've ever encountered in my life."
Last edited by Ddawg on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Islam means - Peace.

Islam is actually an abbreviation for Islama-Oyomama, which roughly translated means "Peace through annihilation."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) Now, that's dayumn funny!

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

BoiseBYU wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:I'm shocked that any Muslim would act that way. :whistle: Islam means - Peace.

These events are tragic. Horrible.

Obama and Hillary Clinton should be ashamed for their response.

I'm interested in watching the Islamic apologists on "CC" come out and explain away the murder of a US Ambassador and (from what I am reading) up to 4 other consular staff were shot and killed, 12-17 wounded. I'm also catching reports, possibly 2 more U.S security people were killed. This is an evolving story.

The Middle East is on a downward, violent, extremist glide path. It will keep getting worse. Much worse.
I do not like to be called an apologist, it sounds so negative, but I suppose I am so here goes. I am deeply saddened by the violence and mystified at the very first responses by Clinton and Obama. I do note that soon thereafter they condemned the violence very strongly. And on the Islamist front, I also note that the Libyan governement, Islamic, condemned the violence with the Prime Minister apologizing to the United States. That does not diminish the horror of it all and the hate that feels these peoples' hearts. But you have an Islamic government condemning the actions of its citizens. In any event a very sad day.
Arafat condemned a bunch of them too. He even condemned the 9/11 attacks. So to me they are meaningless words.
Surely the lives of the Libyans injured and killed defending the compound are not meaningless....
How many was that? He had four Lybian guards at the compound and three American "assistants". But I don't see any mention of the Lybian guards. Of course he was supposidly at a safe house but somehow got abducted in the first few minutes of the assault. Wow those guys are good for an unorganized mob with no intel. Hmmmm....

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Surely the lives of the Libyans injured and killed defending the compound are not meaningless....
I have not read a post making negative comments about Libyans in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya; or saying their lives are meaningless.

I searched, and I have not found any reports of Libyans being killed in the U.S. consulate compound attack.

What I did find - 1 U.S. Ambassador killed, 3 other Americans killed, 8 Libyans injured. The attack was carried out with military grade assault guns, grenades, and mortars. All folks that were injured or killed during the attack deserve the greatest support and deepest sympathy. And, I believe they are receiving it.

The attack was coordinated, well planned, and the Jihadists knew exactly where the safe house was, where the Embassy personnel retreated to for safety. The safe house was suppose to be secret. It is being reported that the attack was a 2 stage, coordinated attack. These guys had excellent intelligence and planning.
Last edited by Ddawg on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I am thinking that all the countries involved should police their own people. I agree with those in legislature proposing we withhold funds until the murderers are caught. I am concerned however, that they will come up with scapegoats that may be innocent just to keep getting our money. Actually, I'm for withholding funds anyway as we are several trillion in debt.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

nuk13 wrote:I am thinking that all the countries involved should police their own people. I agree with those in legislature proposing we withhold funds until the murderers are caught. I am concerned however, that they will come up with scapegoats that may be innocent just to keep getting our money. Actually, I'm for withholding funds anyway as we are several trillion in debt.
I agree. Cut off the funds. We give billions away to "pretend" friends and allies. The new radical Egypt, the deceitful Pakistan. The list is a long one. Cut off funds from all the pseudo allies for 1 year & watch them change their tune. A little tough love.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

And as more details emerge, Obama continues to publicly denounce the film prior to denouncing the attacks...every statement he has made condemning the attacks is preceded by a condemnation of the film BoiseBYU...even after it has come to light that the Administration had at least 48 hours advance notices of the attacks, and that the intelligence indicates the coordinated attacks were launched in retribution for drone strikes, not for anything to do with the film. But he continues to damn the film as a misdirection from his own drone strikes (which we now know he personally gives a thumbs-up or -down for each one outside of zones of active hostility).

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Wow, can you imagine what the media would have said if Bush had skipped all his intel briefings, ignored credible threat 48 hours before an attack, and then had an ambassador raped and murdered with shocking, terrible photographs online, and blew it all off to go to a party in Las Vegas?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Unbelievable.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

SpiffCoug wrote: Unbelievable.
It is believable - understanding that what we are witnessing is the unravelling of Obama's Middle East policy - which is floundering and mis-guided.

When the whole Arab Spring "thing" was starting, and Obama threw his support behind it - especially supporting the toppling of Mubarak in Egypt. I turned to my wife and said - "Obama has no idea what forces he is unleashing and the damage he is doing." You are seeing it now.

Obama really thought that through the power of his personality - his magnanimous speeches - his lofty, hollow rhetoric; that the radical Jihadi's, the Arab nations, and the world would "love him, and the USA."

How is that working? Well, the insane are now running the asylum.