Presidential Debate #1

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Presidential Debate #1

Post by Ddawg »

I watched the "Presidential Debate" last night with great anticipation. As a matter of fact - I raced home from Utah, to So. Calif., to make sure I could watch the entire debate. I pulled into my driveway with 5 minutes to spare.

I watched, and really tried to remain neutral. I felt Romney won the day - by quite a margin. I was txt'ng buddies from UT, TX, FL, AZ, and CA - everyone felt Romney carried the day.

James Carville - "Mitt Romney came in with a chainsaw."

Andrew Sullivan - blogger "Daily Dish" - Obama supporter - (Forbes magazine lists Sullivan as one of the Top 25 most influential Liberals) -
"10.31 pm. Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama's meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look.

Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn't there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.

The person with authority on that stage was Romney - offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It's beyond depressing. But it's true."

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com ... -2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mitt Romney dominated the debate - Round 1 goes to Mitt. Not even close.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Presidential Debate #1

Post by hawkwing »

Spiff and I watched the debate from the CougarCorner cave last night, and man, it was like watching BYU v Hawaii all over again. Mitt accomplished everything he set out to do and Obama was shut out completely.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:Spiff and I watched the debate from the CougarCorner cave last night, and man, it was like watching BYU v Hawaii all over again. Mitt accomplished everything he set out to do and Obama was shut out completely.
+1 x 10. I couldn't agree more. Romney dominated and shut Obama down. Bam!

Seriously - no teleprompter - Obama flounders. Obama is not quick on his feet in those free flowing, give and take exchanges.

Even Chris Matthews was distraught over Obama's horrible performance. Ha ha ha! Am I pleased? You bet.

"Chris Matthews Freaks Out At Obama: "What Was He Doing?" "Tonight wasn't an MSNBC debate tonight, was it?" Chris Matthews said after the first Obama-Romney presidential debate concluded on Wednesday night.

"I don't know what he was doing out there. He had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it. Romney, on the other hand, came in with a campaign. He had a plan, he was going to dominate the time, he was going to be aggressive, he was going to push the moderator around, which he did effectively, he was going to relish the evening, enjoying it," Matthews said."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... nning.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

But we can't start a freshman President!!!!

I heard Obama say He didn't win that debate (a la He didn't build that busiess).

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Joe Scarborough (Morning Joe) said this morning - "it appeared as if Obama thought debating was beneath him."
:whistle:

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Dennis Miller Show -- Obama better hope a Kicked A** is covered under Obamacare

:D

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Obama's body langauge was awful. He just stood there, looking down. He looked like a kid who was trying to sneak in after curfew and got halfway up the stairs before his dad, sitting in a chair, turned on the living room light.

Obama looked like he was being scolded and knew he had been caught goofing off. He hoped that by keeping his head low, avoiding eye contact he might gin up some sympahty from his Dad and keep his grounding to a minimum.

Romney SMOKED him.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

+1.

Q: Did anyone notice that Romney's U.S. flag lapel pin was 47% bigger than Obama's?
:lol: :lol: ;)

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:+1.

Q: Did anyone notice that Romney's U.S. flag lapel pin was 47% bigger than Obama's?
:lol: :lol: ;)
Speaking of his lapel pin, it had a star on it, given to him by the secret service detail assigned to protect him. Apparently they think very highly of him and have come to truly appreciate him after being around him for so long.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

When Romney mentioned the words of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence on the walls behind them, I really wondered if Obama had recognized them.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!