Tying everything with the IRS together

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Tying everything with the IRS together

Post by snoscythe »

I would summarize given how lenthy this is, but to get the full effect, you just have to read the article as Jeffrey Lord ties together all the names and dates associated with the IRS-targeting scandals to paint a picture of who, what, when, where, and why:

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/07/2 ... iam-wilki/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Tying everything with the IRS together

Post by Ddawg »

The IRS under Obama is a cesspool of sinister corruption, and specific, biased mis-treatment. But, Mongo can't read.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Let's be reasonable Dawg, he/they just want everybody to pay their "fair share". Uh, it seems some pay more fair share than others.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

nuk13 wrote:Let's be reasonable Dawg, he/they just want everybody to pay their "fair share". Uh, it seems some pay more fair share than others.
Exactly. It's not really about being "fair." In the way we commonly think of being "fair" - everyone putting out the same effort, divvying up the cost of govt. and everyone paying the same. Actually - this is about punishment - punishing those that achieve greater success - and re-distributing for social engineering.

Take a moment and reflect on how the Lord handles the topic of folks paying their "fair share." He collects 10% from everyone regardless of their income. Any way you slice it, 10% is 10%, and the church lives within it's means.

It would be nice if the govt. followed the lead of someone who is smarter, wiser, has zero guile or corruption. But, that's a pipe dream.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Ddawg wrote:
nuk13 wrote:Let's be reasonable Dawg, he/they just want everybody to pay their "fair share". Uh, it seems some pay more fair share than others.
Exactly. It's not really about being "fair." In the way we commonly think of being "fair" - everyone putting out the same effort, divvying up the cost of govt. and everyone paying the same. Actually - this is about punishment - punishing those that achieve greater success - and re-distributing for social engineering.

Take a moment and reflect on how the Lord handles the topic of folks paying their "fair share." He collects 10% from everyone regardless of their income. Any way you slice it, 10% is 10%, and the church lives within it's means.

It would be nice if the govt. followed the lead of someone who is smarter, wiser, has zero guile or corruption. But, that's a pipe dream.
Also, the Lord taught on a couple of occasions that the more productive you are, the more praise and rewards you receive (and he certainly wasn't advocating greed). Our government teaches the opposite right now. The less productive you are, the more benefits you receive.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Can't you guys just let these phony scandals go? Let's move ON people!

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

SpiffCoug wrote:Can't you guys just let these phony scandals go? Let's move ON people!
That one just blew my mind. "Please don't pay attention to all of my scandals--instead pay attention to the terrible job I am doing with the economy."

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Ddawg wrote:

I agree agree agree with all of you!!! I would add that it isn't just about punishment it is also about rewarding those who don't want to work or better themselves to get better work, but who will vote for you.

10%, and living within your means, what a novel ideas. I also hear this Church of Jesus Christ requires you to work for any welfare you might need. That sure looks like fair share to me.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Cougarfan87 wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Can't you guys just let these phony scandals go? Let's move ON people!
That one just blew my mind. "Please don't pay attention to all of my scandals--instead pay attention to the terrible job I am doing with the economy."
No, what he is saying, pay attention to what I'm saying I'm GOING to do about with the economy.

In my words, you will hear how great it WILL be and how much growth we're GOING to have. The FUTURE is bright. We WILL do this.

Of course he has no idea how to make his rhetoric from actually happening, but Pres. Obama likes to talk on the record about what he's going to do and then consider that his actual record on what he has done.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »