If you knew

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: If you knew

Post by imuakahuku »

Schmoe wrote:
Fido wrote:You can't declare yourself female when it is convenient and then declare yourself male when it suits you.
Why not? Who's to say that I'm not feeling like a girl one day and a boy the next? Wouldn't that be discrimination against students who are gender-confused? Does the school really want the lawsuit that's going to follow if they don't allow me to?
As cousin Eddie said "bingo".

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

stgeorgefan
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stgeorgefan »

Daring topic for CC!

It wouldn't change much. Some people who are unfamiliar with gay people might feel awkward I'm sure. Some language would change. It's all about respecting your teammates. If there is a mormon teammate in the locker room are people gonna openly mormon bash? It's about respect. I would assume some anti gay lingo would go away.
I don't like people assuming that because they shower next to a gay dude that gay person would be into them. Heterosexuals aren't that way why would gay people be any different?

The biggest "issue" that would come out of this would be media attention. Reporters too eager to get teammates opinions and reporters looking for stories where there isn't any. Teams want to focus on their sport NOT personal lives. Reporters love getting into personal lives(drug issues,violence,PED's etc) this would be another avenue for reporters to try and make news. Looking for that one uncomfortable homophobic who wants to spout off to the media. Some teams might shy away for that purpose. Teams already stay away from troubled players in the first place to avoid unnecessary media attention. Gay athletes aren't troubled but they sure get media attention.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

stgeorgefan wrote: I don't like people assuming that because they shower next to a gay dude that gay person would be into them. Heterosexuals aren't that way why would gay people be any different?
So, why do we have men's and women's showers, bathrooms, and locker rooms at all? I'm not going to be attracted to all the women in the world, so it's okay if I go and shower with them, right?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Metal Bubba
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Metal Bubba »

Hahaha. I don't spend much time in locker rooms these days at 44 years of age, but it didn't matter to me in the past.

Whenever I need a good laugh, many of the posts here in The Lounge provide it. Sometimes the humor is intentional, sometimes it's not.

:lol:

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

I think it's always a big deal when you're talking a legitimate sexual attraction. Sorry, but that's just weird and I would have no part in it if I were a part of that locker room. My best friend had a gay companion in the MTC and my buddy (the most loving and tolerant kid I know) couldn't handle the whole shower thing. Even sleeping near him was hard. No go for me.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

10 or 15 years ago it might have, but I have learned a lot since then, and it wouldn't now. It used to bug me that gay people hit on me back then too (which happened outside the locker room, not at school), but now if/when that happens I take it as a compliment.

What concerns me more than anything know that I think back on the high school showers, is that there were only maybe 5 of us that actually showered out of a class of 40, and that is pretty gross to have 90% of teenage boys walking around smelling like a sweaty sneaker.

I can imagine that I would freak out both then and now if showers were co-ed. That would be a much bigger issue. I'm not freaked out undressing in front of gay people, as I am sure that I do at my local gym, because I am not auditioning for them. I'm not really on the market, as it were.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: