If you knew

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: If you knew

Post by hawkwing »

ChiTownCOUG wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Would you care if your daughter's high school started allowing the boys to shower with the girls in their locker room?
That's some real truth for you right there..What will they do if nfl players be like umm iam gonna change in the cheerleaders locker room from now on...
Sadly, this is currently legal in California, where any public school child can choose the facilities that they want to use.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stuckinbig10country »

I guess I'd rather know than not know.

I also think same gender people should use the same facilities.

I think most gay people, especially those that are out, are self aware enough to not make things uncomfortable for others.

ChiTownCOUG
Freshman

Post by ChiTownCOUG »

hawkwing wrote:
ChiTownCOUG wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Would you care if your daughter's high school started allowing the boys to shower with the girls in their locker room?
That's some real truth for you right there..What will they do if nfl players be like umm iam gonna change in the cheerleaders locker room from now on...
Sadly, this is currently legal in California, where any public school child can choose the facilities that they want to use.
R U KIDDING ME...

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

ChiTownCOUG wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
ChiTownCOUG wrote:
R U KIDDING ME...
Also in certain school districts in Massachusetts, where a child may declare their own gender, and the school must repect that declaration for all purposes (get ready to see boys playing on the "girls" teams), and the school cannot inform the parents what gender the child has chosen

ChiTownCOUG
Freshman

Post by ChiTownCOUG »

People just don't understand the Pandora's box they are opening..Sad...

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

It would affect me.

Taking a leak in the bathroom is one thing. Changing, showering, and interacting with friends in a locker room is another. The presence of a gay teammate would even affect the conversation as it adds an element of PC to the environment.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

In California the kids can already do that!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

It isn't like in California the sexes are opting to go change next to the opposite sex so they can sneak a peek. I'm guessing if you declared yourself 'female' at the school you would not be allowed to play the "boys" sports. You can't declare yourself female when it is convenient and then declare yourself male when it suits you.

And for me, no. I wouldn't behave any differently. It isn't like someone who is gay is going to jump up and start humping your leg if he sees you in the shower. I don't care who they are or what they are thinking as long as their behavior TOWARDS ME doesn't change. And if they are behaving in an unacceptable manner at school there would be consequence to that too.

JayhawkCoug
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by JayhawkCoug »

No, what difference would it make? It's not like being gay makes them sexual predators. They're normal people, who know that actions have consequences. It's very weird to me that this is a big deal.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Fido wrote:You can't declare yourself female when it is convenient and then declare yourself male when it suits you.
Why not? Who's to say that I'm not feeling like a girl one day and a boy the next? Wouldn't that be discrimination against students who are gender-confused? Does the school really want the lawsuit that's going to follow if they don't allow me to?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,