Need help guys

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
ChiTownCOUG
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Need help guys

Post by ChiTownCOUG »

Iam moving to the provo or close by town..it's frustrating the fact that I was recommended a real estate lady at first she was great emails phone calls now nothing..I have no family or friends in utah..So I have to relay on the Internet and real estate person help..been asking question about homes no response for 3 days from her..So iam moving on can anyone recommend a good real estate person? Eagle mountain minus the commute good bad for my young family..iam coming to provo for 4 days in April to scout my top 10 list..what ares r no good? What areas should I look at? Lol iam not rich so the 1.7mil house r a no go.lol..

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Re: Need help guys

Post by hawkwing »

I live in Eagle Mountain and work in Provo and I absolutely love it, the commute is also nice, it's less than 30 minutes each way and gives me time to listen to audio books, or sports. I've lived in Provo and Orem, and there's no place I'd rather be than in Eagle Mountain. So I highly recommend keeping that area on your list of places to keep in mind.

As for real estate, I work with a guy who manages my rental property who is a fantastic real estate agent, and he's extremely active on email and internet stuff to stay in touch. If you're interested, let me know and I'll pass his information along to you, but he sounds like he'd be a better contact for you than who you're currently working with.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Salem, Elk Ridge, Santaquin, and Payson are also 30mins or less from Provo, and have the added draw of a new temple going in. Payson and Santaquin you need to be a bit more careful about the neighborhood you pick (i.e. avoid the slums, but that's true of Provo, Springville, Orem, Lindon, AF, Spanish etc as well), but it's a beautiful, more rural part of the county down here at the South end.

You're also much farther away from the :utard: than you would be in Eagle Mountain/Saratoga Springs. ;)

As for a real estate person, I'd recommend you start with your loan broker. Far and away my favorite has been Stetson Lowe with Security Home Mortgage in Orem.

http://www.zillow.com/profile/StetsonLowe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you get pre-cleared for your loan and narrow down the area you want to live in, then you can look for a realtor/agent who specializes in that part of the Valley. Someone who does all their work in Payson/Salem won't be much help in Eagle Mountain/Springs, and vice versa. I'd also wager that someone who works everywhere in the Valley would be a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" who may miss out on the nuances a person who sticks to one part of the Valley would have a finger on.

Seriously though, give Stetson a call.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Salem and Elk Ridge are AWESOME, Payson and Santaquin are NOT. There are quite a few Eagle Mountaineers that are regulars on here, including me, and it's got a lot of kids/young families. Not a bad place as long as you don't get one of the cookie cutter houses with no yard.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
ChiTownCOUG
Freshman

Post by ChiTownCOUG »

Thanks for the help guys..We already got pre-approved for an amount, so that part is done..We are leaning toward the eagle mountain route, my wife will be teaching in pleasant grove..The mortgage guy we have is Awsome super helpful great guy..His sister married a pretty famous ute football player little while back. I try not to hold that against the poor guy lol..My wife wants to find out if the real estate lady got sick or something but we move on I said far enough..I will totally be using one of your guys recommended people if that's not the case..

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

If you're looking Eagle Mountain/Springs, look for someone who focuses on that area. I never looked up there, so I can't help you with any names.

and FWIW, even if the lady got sick, she should've let you know rather than leaving you out in the wind. If she's dead or so sick she couldn't call you, then you probably need a new agent/realtor any way, so tell your wife you win....your analyst/therapist says so.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

There's a great house that for sale on Red Hawk Ranch Rd in Eagle Mountain right now.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
There's a great house that for sale on Red Hawk Ranch Rd in Eagle Mountain right now.
Are you moving?
*edit: never mind, you aren't on red hawk ranch road.

MrsMars
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by MrsMars »

If you look in EM/SS, try calling the Wendy K Team, located in Eagle Mountain. Kristi Hutchings works there and was our realtor. They specialize in the local market.

ChiTownCOUG
Freshman

Post by ChiTownCOUG »

hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
Are you moving?
*edit: never mind, you aren't on red hawk ranch road.
We are looking at one on eagle crest way right now..