LDS Female Priesthood Advocate Waits

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

LDS Female Priesthood Advocate Waits

Post by Ddawg »

I guess the meeting to decide if Kate Kelly (founder of Ordain Women) is ex-communicated is "going down" in Virginia tonight. Perhaps right now. She has chosen to not attend. Good luck -

"Mormon Female Priesthood Advocate Holding Vigil as She Waits to Hear if She’ll Be Excommunicated"

Jun. 22, 2014 2:54pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — While Kate Kelly’s former church leaders meet in Virginia on Sunday night to decide if she’ll be ousted from her church, the founder of a prominent Mormon women’s group will hold a vigil in Salt Lake City along with hundreds of her supporters.

Kelly has decided not attend the disciplinary hearing in her former congregation. Instead, she has sent in a letter she wrote and about 1,000 letters from supporters.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06 ... municated/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: LDS Female Priesthood Advocate Waits

Post by Mars »

She refers to God as "She", refuses to speak with her Church leaders, and lies to the press. This lady is an idiot.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
She refers to God as "She", refuses to speak with her Church leaders, and lies to the press. This lady is an idiot.
Which really makes me wonder why so many previously active faithful LDS women believe her.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
Which really makes me wonder why so many previously active faithful LDS women believe her.
You missed the word behind active.

When I contemplate my sisters, nieces and the ladies in my ward these active, faithful Amalakiah (the king guy) types come up short, way short.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

All I needed to know about how much she values her membership is her decision to attend a publicity stunt rather than attend her Council. She was given the opportunity to attend via a secure video conference, and declined, choosing instead to be with the media rather than those who prayerfully consider her membership.

On one hand you have a group who are prayerfully considering the way that our Heavenly Father wants this to proceed, asking for her attendance, offering to change the date to make it more accommodating, and offering to have her attend via a video link, and another group politicking to all who will listen.

How very illuminating.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

So much of life is about priorities and choices. About 90+%.