The Obama Economy Sux

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: The Obama Economy Sux

Post by Ddawg »

Obama is a hypocrite. Men in the White House make 13% more than women. And, since Obama has been president (nearly 6 years), the pay gap has not narrowed. For all of Obama's talk, pointing fingers, posturing, and accusations about the "War on Women". Obama is a Hypocrite.

Time -
"White House Pay Gap Hasn’t Changed Under Obama"

The average male employee earns over $10,000 more than average female employee

The pay gap between men and women working at the White House has not narrowed since President Barack Obama’s first year in office, according to a new report, despite Obama’s emphasis on pay equity ahead of the midterm elections.

Salary data compiled by the Washington Post found a 13% gap between the genders: The average salary for men in the White House is $88,600 per year, while the average salary for women is $78,400 per year, the Post reports. That gap has persisted since 2009, when male employees earned an average of $82,000, and female employees made $72,700.

http://time.com/2950240/gender-pay-equity-barack-obama/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Ddawg wrote:Obama is a hypocrite. Men in the White House make 13% more than women. And, since Obama has been president (nearly 6 years), the pay gap has not narrowed. For all of Obama's talk, pointing fingers, posturing, and accusations about the "War on Women". Obama is a Hypocrite.

Time -
"White House Pay Gap Hasn’t Changed Under Obama"

The average male employee earns over $10,000 more than average female employee

The pay gap between men and women working at the White House has not narrowed since President Barack Obama’s first year in office, according to a new report, despite Obama’s emphasis on pay equity ahead of the midterm elections.

Salary data compiled by the Washington Post found a 13% gap between the genders: The average salary for men in the White House is $88,600 per year, while the average salary for women is $78,400 per year, the Post reports. That gap has persisted since 2009, when male employees earned an average of $82,000, and female employees made $72,700.

http://time.com/2950240/gender-pay-equity-barack-obama/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Ddawg. It's sad to report these things about the president of a great country like this. It's also sad that so many people back him.

He, of course is not the only one. Harry R. for one, but now there are people like Hatch that are not what I think they should be. I'm told he's trying to get rid of Lee who I have much more respect for. I was told Romney was helping which I hope is untrue.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Grim reality of Obama's slow growth economy -

Investor's Business Daily
6/25/14

"GDP: Another 'No Biggie'?"

Shrinkage: Economists are writing off the sharp 2.9% drop in first-quarter GDP as a temporary contraction. Maybe. What isn't temporary is President Obama's massively subpar growth record over the past five years.

When the Commerce Department said two months ago the economy had eked out a 0.1% gain in the first quarter, the White House and various economists said growth would have been higher if not for the bitter winter. When Commerce revised that number down to -1% in May, the same crowd again blamed Jack Frost.

Now that it turns out the economy contracted 2.9% in the first three months of the year — the largest drop since 2009 and the sharpest downward revision in the government's history of making such estimates — everyone says "no biggie."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorial ... illion.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Huff Post - Business

"Middle Class Jobs, Income Quickly Disappearing"

As President Obama continues his “Middle Class Jobs and Opportunities Tour" in Mooresville, N.C., on Thursday, middle-class Americans continue to experience historic losses of jobs and opportunities. The recession eliminated many mid-wage jobs, leaving moderately educated workers to take low-wage jobs if they can find work at all.

While the Obama administration has trumpeted job growth in recent months, the middle class is taking home a shrinking portion of the country's income. Deep job losses in occupations such as construction, information technology, manufacturing and insurance are not likely to recover. Middle-class families also saw nearly 30 percent of their wealth disappear over the past decade, while the cost of goods and services they rely upon steadily climbed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 86157.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Ddawg wrote:Obama is a hypocrite. Men in the White House make 13% more than women.
This is nothing more than a red herring without the proper context. What I want to know is whether a man and woman with equal responsibilities get equal pay.

Obviously the President's chief of staff is going to make more than the female clerical secretary. But if he hires a female press secretary does she get paid the same salary as a male press secretary? If not, then you have a story. Otherwise we're just comparing apples to oranges. (same holds for corporate America where feminists would have us believe that there is some sort of gender pay gap).

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Obama is a hypocrite. Men in the White House make 13% more than women.
This is nothing more than a red herring without the proper context. What I want to know is whether a man and woman with equal responsibilities get equal pay.

Obviously the President's chief of staff is going to make more than the female clerical secretary. But if he hires a female press secretary does she get paid the same salary as a male press secretary? If not, then you have a story. Otherwise we're just comparing apples to oranges. (same holds for corporate America where feminists would have us believe that there is some sort of gender pay gap).
CAFB, that's the same red herring the president, the MSM, and the liberal party spouted not too long ago. Since they used it and declared it to be the truth and that it's just an example of the conservatives' war on women, I think it's fair game to throw it back in their face and use their own words against them.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:

Yes, but isn't that the point? Obama complains about "gender inequality" in the workforce, ignoring the fact that it's an apples to oranges comparison, and then does the same thing as the big, evil corporations in the Whitehouse.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

urroner wrote:
CAFB_04-12 wrote:

CAFB, that's the same red herring the president, the MSM, and the liberal party spouted not too long ago. Since they used it and declared it to be the truth and that it's just an example of the conservatives' war on women, I think it's fair game to throw it back in their face and use their own words against them.
Bingo! The point is, the whole "war on women" is a fabricated "wedge issue" created by the Dem's to alienate voters agains the Repub's. It does not matter to Obama and his political spin machine that it's a "red herring" - or more precisely - a fabricated lie. So, when the Obama and his administration get nailed with a 13% gender pay gap for their eomplyees - Bam! Turnabout is fair play. The game continues.

CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

yeah, I don't buy the argument when the liberals make it, and I don't buy it when the conservatives try to turn it about.

This is why I don't vote for either party anymore.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Investor's Business Daily - explaining the Obama economy - and the part time jobs he is creating - but not talking about. Take the time and read the article -

".... Obama and Biden, have danced around the jobs issue better than Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers ever could.

Here's the pathetic truth about jobs under these guys:
According to the latest figures from their own Department of Labor, since Jan. 20, 2009, that chilly first inauguration day, 11,472,000 Americans have left the workforce.

That's as if every living human being in the state of Ohio was working and then wasn't. Or the entire population of four Chicago's. Or 14 San Francisco's. Or almost 18 Washington, D.C.'s went jobless.

Put another way, ever since Aretha Franklin's huge hat sang-in Obama's era of "Hope & Change," 5,682 Americans were out of a job every single day of every single week -- even the weeks Obama was vacationing. As he will be again later this week for half the month. After again promising to do everything he can to boost the economy."

http://news.investors.com/politics-andr ... r-tale.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;