Obama Worst Pres. Since WWII

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Obama Worst Pres. Since WWII

Post by Ddawg »

"Poll: Obama worst president since WWII"

By JONATHAN TOPAZ | 7/2/14
A plurality of voters think Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II, a new poll says.

According to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday, 33 percent of voters think the current president is the worst since 1945.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/p ... 08507.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Obama Worst Pres. Since WWII

Post by SpiffCoug »

He is the worst president since the reunification of the country in 1865.

Yesterday in his Rose Garden speech and last week in Minnesota, he essentially said that he will no longer tyr to work with Congress. That Congress is irrelevant and that basically he will rule this country by executive order. Two other words that come to mind are he plans to reign over America by despotic fiat.

This guy is beginning to utilize the "flexibility" he told Russia he would have after the election. He knows the public support has left him. Those that support him now are those that will always support him, no matter what (which is a core 35-40%). Everyone else has left him. But he doesn't care.

These last two years are going to be extremely dangerous both inside and outside this nation and the fault lies with Barack Obama and the idiots who elected him twice.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

SpiffCoug wrote:He is the worst president since the reunification of the country in 1865.

Yesterday in his Rose Garden speech and last week in Minnesota, he essentially said that he will no longer tyr to work with Congress. That Congress is irrelevant and that basically he will rule this country by executive order. Two other words that come to mind are he plans to reign over America by despotic fiat.

This guy is beginning to utilize the "flexibility" he told Russia he would have after the election. He knows the public support has left him. Those that support him now are those that will always support him, no matter what (which is a core 35-40%). Everyone else has left him. But he doesn't care.

These last two years are going to be extremely dangerous both inside and outside this nation and the fault lies with Barack Obama and the idiots who elected him twice.
What's most important though is that he has the media smoke screen everything he does and they protect him from any criticism. They should all be deported. Their political favoritism only furthers the cause of totalitarianism in America. But because he's a liberal he gets a pass. Because he's black, they're afraid.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

A very important point - actually - a critical point in these recent polls is - Obama has lost the Independents. Obama is sunk without them. The great awakening is occurring.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ddawg wrote:A very important point - actually - a critical point in these recent polls is - Obama has lost the Independents. Obama is sunk without them. The great awakening is occurring.
I hope so.

I wonder if the Senate is taken back by the GOP, if the next set of Democratic Senators coming up for reelection in 2016 will basically declare a silent war on Obama.

I could see Obama being ousted from the presidency if the GOP wins the Senate. He knows right now that that he is untouchable because of the top cover Sen. Reid is providing right now. But if he's not the majority leader, I think all bets are off.

(8.4x
..................ATT
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Ddawg wrote:A very important point - actually - a critical point in these recent polls is - Obama has lost the Independents. Obama is sunk without them. The great awakening is occurring.
I hope so.

I wonder if the Senate is taken back by the GOP, if the next set of Democratic Senators coming up for reelection in 2016 will basically declare a silent war on Obama.

I could see Obama being ousted from the presidency if the GOP wins the Senate. He knows right now that that he is untouchable because of the top cover Sen. Reid is providing right now. But if he's not the majority leader, I think all bets are off.
Dem Senators facing re-election bids in 2016:
Barbara Boxer, California--likely a loser as Schwarzenegger is positioning for her seat, and she only got 51% last time out against a weak field and she'll be 75 years old in '16.

Michael Bennet, Colorado--first term Senator in a swing state.

Richard Blumenthal, Delaware.

Hawaii's junior senator--identity to be determined in 2014 special election.

Barbara Mikulski, Maryland--80 years old in '16. Could be facing Dr. Ben Carson.

Harry Reid, Nevada--rumors are that Nevada's current governor Brian Sandoval may step up and unseat a vulnerable Reid.

Chuck Schumer, New York.

Ron Wyden, Oregon.

Patrick Leahy, Vermont.

Patty Murray, Washington.

So out of those, I really only see 4 as vulnerable to losing out in the 2016 election, and two of those may simply elect to retire rather than face getting pummelled by the GOP candidate and therefore remove their susceptibility to re-election pressure. I also don't think Harry Reid gives a crap.

By my reasoning, only Michael Bennet may be susceptible to swinging to the center to secure re-election.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Yeah. And of those, I'm not sure any of them would willingly vote to convict the president to remove him from office.

I still think it can happen though. But step 1 is taking back the Senate.

(8.4x
..................ATT
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Winning the Senate back from the Liberal enablers is critical. It's interesting to note, there is a crisis right now with illegal aliens (adults and children) overwhelming the border personnel and our resources to care for them.

With the border crisis in full swing, Obama has plans to visit Texas next week for a fund raiser. TX Gov. Perry has invited Obama to visit the border and personally see the crisis. Nope. No go. White House spokesman Josh Earnest sez: No plans for the Pres. to visit the border and see the crisis. Fund raising is a higher priority - not joking.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Ddawg wrote:Winning the Senate back from the Liberal enablers is critical. It's interesting to note, there is a crisis right now with illegal aliens (adults and children) overwhelming the border personnel and our resources to care for them.

With the border crisis in full swing, Obama has plans to visit Texas next week for a fund raiser. TX Gov. Perry has invited Obama to visit the border and personally see the crisis. Nope. No go. White House spokesman Josh Earnest sez: No plans for the Pres. to visit the border and see the crisis. Fund raising is a higher priority - not joking.
What has me scratching my head is why republicans the last 6months to one year have decided to jump on the "amnesty" bandwagon. They've also proven that they are more concerned about getting votes/fundraising than they are about securing the border (and our country).

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I re-read the Quinnipiac poll where the presidential rating since WWII came from. The polling data is devastating for Obama.

Q: Is the Obama administration competent to run the govt?
American voters 54% - No
American voters 44% - Yes

Results for key issues.
Obama's handling of the economy
Neg: 55%
Pos: 40%

Obama's handling foreign policy
Neg: 57%
Pos: 36%

Obama's handling of health care
Neg: 58%
Pos: 40%

Obama's handling of terrorism
Neg: 51%
Pos: 44%

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-even ... aseID=2056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;