Utah's Big-Game Draw System Sucks

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Utah's Big-Game Draw System Sucks

Post by snoscythe »

I've hunted nearly every bordering state (NM excluded...for now), and it's undeniable and unequivocal--Utah's draw system flat sucks, especially for residents.

I hope the big game populations in the state make a huge rebound, because that's the only reason I can see for this ridiculous system they have put in place. I have a better chance at better units as a nonresident in another bordering state than I have for sub-par units in my resident state. [/rant]

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Utah's Big-Game Draw System Sucks

Post by Ddawg »

I agree with you. Yes it does. You can always shoot "Yotes" for the $50 bounty - just for entertainment purposes. 8)

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Hey come to Idaho and shoot our little pet wolves we got from people mostly from out of state. They (the people) know much better than we natives how nature works. By the way there are reports, supported by pictures, of the little puppies crowding 200 lbs. Does that qualify as big game?

How many of your fish and game and park people are from Utah? I sometimes get the impression that a lot of ours come from those places that think wolves are superior to elk, deer, moose, cattle, sheep, people etc. I don't think many got to Idaho until they graduated in "How to protect Idaho from the natives".

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

nuk13 wrote:Hey come to Idaho and shoot our little pet wolves we got from people mostly from out of state. They (the people) know much better than we natives how nature works. By the way there are reports, supported by pictures, of the little puppies crowding 200 lbs. Does that qualify as big game?

How many of your fish and game and park people are from Utah? I sometimes get the impression that a lot of ours come from those places that think wolves are superior to elk, deer, moose, cattle, sheep, people etc. I don't think many got to Idaho until they graduated in "How to protect Idaho from the natives".
Yeah, we have some puppies who have been visiting us from Wyoming. More alarming are the same concerned dimwits who are dropping wolves all over the place now asking for grizzlies to be reintroduced into the Uintas/Wasatch.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

There is a difference in bear and wolves. Bear eat more people.

These reintroduce people remind me of an old joke. These guys went hunting and were staying in a cabin. When they got up one morning one of them was gone. They soon heard a ruckus and upon opening the door a grizzly thundered in. From outside they heard the early riser shout, "You skin this one, I'll go get another one!" These guys are happy to dump animals off on the rest of us while they plan on the next one to do the same with.