Obama Approval per Gallup

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Obama Approval per Gallup

Post by Ddawg »

Per Gallup, Obama's approval during the 1st half of 2014, by religious group (more than 88,000 interviews were conducted).
U.S. Muslims 72%
Jews 55%
No religion 54%
Catholics 44%
Protestants 37%
Mormons 18%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/172442/musli ... least.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Obama Approval per Gallup

Post by scott715 »

Looks like most Mormons got him right except for Harry R.
Attachments
U_S_-Muslims-Most-Approving-of-Obama-Mormons-Least.jpg
U_S_-Muslims-Most-Approving-of-Obama-Mormons-Least.jpg (34.22 KiB) Viewed 963 times

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I am really surprised at the Jewish vote. He doesn't appear to be much in favor of Israel. How many of the 18% of our people are at universities and how many are on welfare?

This doesn't seem to add up. Is his overall approval above 50%? I thought he'd dropped under. I'll bet the latest immigration crisis won't be good for him.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

My buddy just sent this YouTube link: Chicago resident: Obama will go down as worst president ever. I tried to cut and paste it but couldn't figure it out. I put in Chicago resident and it came up. They are all black people! They see he's helping the immigrants more than them. It was put in yesterday the 12th. When I first looked this morning it had 5,000 hits, it now has 7,473. The comments are very interesting as well. His ship is getting more and more leaks. If enough blacks abandon ship he won't have enough fingers or scandals to plug the holes.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

nuk13 wrote: This doesn't seem to add up. Is his overall approval above 50%? I thought he'd dropped under. I'll bet the latest immigration crisis won't be good for him.
Perhaps I can help. You are misreading the poll. It is NOT 72% off all people in the U.S. and the Muslims approve of Obama. It just 72% of the Muslims in the U.S. approve of Obama.

For instance, if each category was a % of U.S. population, and you added up all the % together: 72% + 59% + 55% + 54% + 44% + 37% + 18% = 339% of the U.S. population. Impossible as you posted.

Instead, It is 72% of Muslims approve - only, all the way down to just 18% of Mormons (only) approve of the job Obama is doing.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I will try to accurately describe why I oppose Obama and his policies. Others may feel similarly. Others may disagree with my points.

1. Obama's and the Left's answer to any and all challenges facing the U.S. is - more money, higher taxes, bigger govt, expand and enlarge an already bloated federal payroll.

The reality is, the federal govt. took in a record amount of money this past fiscal year. The Treausury took in $1,735,030,000,000 - so far. Obama has had money to work with than any president in U.S. history - and he cannot get it done.

Still, Obama and the Leftie politicians are increasing our National Debt $2.35 billion each day. Their appetite for more taxes, more spending, bigger govt, and larger debt cannot be satisfied.

2. Look at the VA debacle. He has had 5.5 years to fix it. Nothing defines Obama as a weak executive as the VA disaster. It is the primo example of Socialized medicine. Exactly where Obama and the Dem's want to take this country - to single payer healthcare. Yet, the VA is rife with poor care, people are dying waiting, the fraud, dishonesty, and veterans not getting the care they deserve. It's a monstrous embarrassment and eye opening to the poor performance of this administration.

3. Obama is dishonest. The Democratic leadership is dishonest (Pelosi and Reid). They flat out disregard the Constitution and tell lies to promote their agenda of bigger govt. and more taxes.

4. As Obama and the Dem politicians grow the weight and size of govt, through regulation and bureaucracy - freedom and liberty are stripped away. Literally, freedom is being regulated away by Obama and the Liberal Democrats. You Liberal Democrats forget, this country was founded on a revolt over taxes and freedom.

So, were the Founding Fathers "whiney and cranky old men" and "likely to have no good reason to be so bitter about life" when they wrote the Declaration of Independence? The principles involved today are exactly the same as 238 years ago.

5. Obama's foreign policy is a disaster. Like it or not, the USA is a global leader. We have allies that depend on us. They trust us less and don't know if we are dependable.

We have enemies that must fear us, and respect our use of force. Obama has significantly diminished our standing in the global community. Our enemies do not fear us. Putin thinks Obama is a joke - and he is right. Putin has out-maneuvered, out-thought, and out-executed Obama every step for the last 5.5 years. Putin has exposed Obama for what he is - an arrogant amateur.

In every arena of the world the U.S. is in a worse and weakened position than when Obama took office. As is well known, all the gains, hard work, blood and treasure spent in the Middle East, have been squandered away because of Obama's ill advised decisions. Terrorists (al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas) are stronger, more powerful, and control more territory than ever - all on Obama's watch.

6. Our southern border is a joke. At no time in our history have we endured such a massive illegal invasion. Obama has had 5.5 years to address it. What has been his response for the last 5.5 years? He ridiculed and demeaned citizens that called for fixing and securing our southern border. His administration declared it's never been stronger. All a dishonest ruse. What is Obama doing now? Asking for more money, more money, more money. Actually, he's asking for over $60,000 per illegal immigrant. There are some real ****ed off people in Chicago (including Jessie Jackson) that think the money would be better spent helping U.S. citizens. Instead of directly addressing and fixing the problems on the border, Obama plays pool in a bar, drinks beer, attends fundraisers with 1%'ers, plays golf and does nothing. He refuses to go see and address the security challenges our southwestern states face. Fundraising takes precedence over national security concerns.