Stephen A. Smith

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Stephen A. Smith

Post by BroncoBot »

Usually I find the talking heads on ESPN to be annoying and not worth listening too. But, I found it interesting that Stephen A. Smith is getting murdered by the media right now because he is advocating civility.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... 0343?false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this is good advice for men and women. Don't provoke someone. It doesn't matter if it is not right for them to hit/punch/bite/attack you in return. Just avoid the situation. Is this not basic knowledge? Do we really live in a world where people believe they can say or do anything (spit on someone) and expect there to be no provocation? If I spit on someone, I'm getting my dukes up, I'm not expecting that person to go on their merry way and think nothing more of it. It doesn't make it right that they beat me to a pulp, but that is certainly a likely outcome.

I'm not defending Ray Rice here. What he did was wrong obviously. I don't think Stephen Smith was defending him either. What I am saying is don't act like an idiot and expect no one to care.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Stephen A. Smith

Post by SpiffCoug »

It takes two people to fight. But in a fight, there may not be equal blame.

Same thing with an affair. Even the spouse who was cheated on shares some responsibility. Not a 50% share maybe not even a 25% or 10% share. But a failed relationship is a failure of both parties.

What Ray Rice did is inexcuseable, but his wife/fiance/girlfriend does share some responsbiility for the failures in the relationship that led to these events.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!