Make it work or upgrade?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Make it work or upgrade?

Post by scott715 »

Could you add storage someplace? If you have a garage, could you build a loft and store things there? Add a shed?

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Make it work or upgrade?

Post by Cougarfan87 »

scott715 wrote:Could you add storage someplace? If you have a garage, could you build a loft and store things there? Add a shed?
That's what we are planning. The space above the garage can be finished, and we can add a doorway through the twins' bedroom. That way it will be a much more convenient storage space--similar to a step-out attic, but it will be a step-out finished room about the size of a one car garage. We have a two car garage which we normally keep our cars in, but the slope of the roof tapers in such a way that the space above the garage is about the size of a one car garage. Still, that will take a tremendous load off the rest of the house.

I read an article that said you should put anything you don't use regularly in storage. Once we finish that room above the garage, my plan is to go through the house and put anything we don't use regularly in that storage space...in an organized fashion. Getting rid of all the equipment that comes with babies should help too.

My wife likes our house. There is plenty of natural light, which we don't find in a lot of houses. It has some good size windows that are situated perfectly to catch the rising and setting sun. I am grateful she wants to make it work.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.