Bottom Five and Other Miscellany

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bottom Five and Other Miscellany

Post by BoiseBYU »

The Bottom Five has been devastated with first week developments. the University of Idaho Vandals were all set to run the table in an epic season of failure and what do they do? The travel to Florida and DO NOT LOSE! Oh sure some of you will point out that the game was cancelled, but now whatever season they have, it will, tragically, be an "asterisk" season.

Without further ado, here is this weeks Bottom Five:

5. Arizona Christian was beat by Wayward Baptists 28-21. Another dismal week for church going fans. And Wayward Baptists at that! Excuse ne. Check that. Apparently AZ Christians lost to Wayland Baptists and not Wayward ones. Bottom Five rules the name change inconsequential. AZ Christians are in at number 5

4. Incarnate Word continued this week's demolishment of all things religious, losing to Sacramento State 49-13. next you will tell me that Faith Baptist (not to be confused with Wayward Baptists) lost. They did? See number 3

3. Faith Baptist lost to Davidson 56-0. More like Faithless.

2. Idaho Vandals. Can still pull out an epic season, but have to overcome first game kerfluffle.

1. Florida Gators. If Idaho did not lose to Florida, then Florida did not beat Idaho....Any team that cannot beat Idaho shoots immediately to number one

NFL gets tough on domestic violence! Now if you beat up your wife or significant other you will get suspended! Wow! What a statement! Only after twice pummeling her will you get booted from the league.

Unionizing NW loses to UC Bezerkley...Appeal soon to follow to NLRB.

Superstar coach Chris Peterson last month said that P-5 schools should not play non P-5 schools. Now we know why--his UW Huskies barely barely held on to beat HI 17-16. That vaunted Peterson offense produced 3-15 passing for 28 yards in the second half.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Bottom Five and Other Miscellany

Post by Mars »

BoiseBYU wrote: 1. Florida Gators. If Idaho did not lose to Florida, then Florida did not beat Idaho... Any team that cannot beat Idaho shoots immediately to number one.
In "Truth is Stranger than Fiction" news, Florida was set to punish some players by making them sit out the Idaho game. According to their head coach, those players have now all been punished enough (even after the Idaho game was cancelled, and thus they didn't have to miss a minute of actual playing time).

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote: 1. Florida Gators. If Idaho did not lose to Florida, then Florida did not beat Idaho... Any team that cannot beat Idaho shoots immediately to number one.
In "Truth is Stranger than Fiction" news, Florida was set to punish some players by making them sit out the Idaho game. According to their head coach, those players have now all been punished enough (even after the Idaho game was cancelled, and thus they didn't have to miss a minute of actual playing time).
It's a Christmas miracle!

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
It's a Christmas miracle!
That's Christmas-critical!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,