Counter-Point to the Anti-Vaccine-ers in Your Life

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Counter-Point to the Anti-Vaccine-ers in Your Life

Post by snoscythe »

Got some nutjob neo-greenie neighbor who is slathering their kids in essential oils ("EO") and getting your wife nervous about vaccinating your kids against the flu?

Hate salad?

Here's a lovely correlation that can solve both problems at once:

BroncoBot
Retired

Re: Counter-Point to the Anti-Vaccine-ers in Your Life

Post by BroncoBot »

ha ha. I like that chart. my wife's family is that nutjob group who are all about "eo"s. I think most of it is a bunch of Crap. although, I grab lavender whenever I get a burn. immediately takes away the pain.

also, vaccines are not without risk. I don't buy that they are causing autism necessarily, but I don't like the idea of taking anything into their body without knowing what it is and what the risks are. look no further than our neighbors in Syria where more than a dozen infants died after vaccination. I don't feel comfortable with lining people up and forcing said group to accept a treatment which the "land of liberty" is quickly approaching.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Thank you. Now I know what the real problem is in my life - too much salad. :bug: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The switch is on - taters, gravy, and beef. :whistle:
Last edited by Ddawg on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HoosierCougar
Junior

Post by HoosierCougar »

if you want some additional hard science, get Craigo in on this thread... he'll give you a bunch of good stuff.

I have 2 autistic sons and he and I have had several conversations about the anti-vaccine crowd. No love lost for either one of us. You willing to wager a debunked study against the chance for TB or Polio? I think those deseases are so long-forgotten that we don't have a collective understanding of what an outbreak would mean. If Im wrong, I deal with autism. If you're wrong, I deal with autism and Polio. No thanks.

Also, the next time I take medical advice from a former centerfold who also got paid to fart on MTV, it will be the first time.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

HoosierCougar wrote:if you want some additional hard science, get Craigo in on this thread... he'll give you a bunch of good stuff.

I have 2 autistic sons and he and I have had several conversations about the anti-vaccine crowd. No love lost for either one of us. You willing to wager a debunked study against the chance for TB or Polio? I think those deseases are so long-forgotten that we don't have a collective understanding of what an outbreak would mean. If Im wrong, I deal with autism. If you're wrong, I deal with autism and Polio. No thanks.

Also, the next time I take medical advice from a former centerfold who also got paid to fart on MTV, it will be the first time.
The sad thing is, the people who will suffer from these outbreaks when they do occur will be people who had the choice not to get vaccinated made for them by their parents. And those who cannot get vaccinated due to allergies that rely on everyone else being vaccinated.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

HoosierCougar wrote: Also, the next time I take medical advice from a former centerfold who also got paid to fart on MTV, it will be the first time.
Isn't that defined as "art" by todays standards? ;)